Internet Archive hosts a treasure trove of lost Lego-building instruction booklets

Originally published at: Internet Archive hosts a treasure trove of lost Lego-building instruction booklets | Boing Boing

1 Like

I wish I still had lots of Lego. Technical Grandaughter isn’t really into it (or, hasn’t been gifted any of it) either, so I can’t even borrow any. She could do with some though… :thinking:

1 Like

While I’m glad its also archived, all LEGO instructions have been available on the lego .com customer service website. They’re even searchable now instead of having to do it by hand.

1 Like

Lego has a pretty rad app called Lego Builder that has most of the instruction books scanned in. Some of them are actually animated in really helpful ways. I usually try to stay a step ahead of the Littlest Pea and lay out the next pieces so he can just build. It works really well and allows me to peek at the next page while he’s aligning pieces. It has all of the kits listed in the article, plus lots of older stuff from when I was a kid.

3 Likes

Though I adore the archive, sites like rebrickable have been providing free instructions for a while

1 Like

I love all of this (the story and this thread so far).

I was obsessed with LEGO as a kid and went through multiple binge-purge cycles as an AFOL but ultimately decided I don’t have the space or money to get serious as an AFOL in the way I’d want to be. My last swing at it, I built about 3/4s of a SHiP project that was four feet long.

The great thing about LEGO though is it holds its value better than almost anything. It’s never a problem to divest oneself if you need that investment and the space back.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.