Internet mostly fake now

There are ‘bots, and there are ‘bots.

13 Likes

FB_IMG_1544031400785

44 Likes

That is what my sock puppet said.

5 Likes

who knew studying Postmodern literature would have prepared me for this?

17 Likes

Everything that isn’t a direct “experience” is “fake”

1 Like

truth

“So, what’s it gonna be, son? Facebook or the red pill?”

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no. Even the russians have minimum quality standards.

5 Likes

bubba-ho-tep-stuff-on-you

12 Likes

Obligatory:

9 Likes

I for one look forward to the popular click bait, “5 signs your botnet is cheating on you” and “cryptomine yourself skinny in 3 weeks or less”

11 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

Is not fake comment! BoingBoing blog is the bestest commerades! DA! I am not a paid Russian I promise!

BoingBoing is the bestest blog commerades! DA! I promise I am not a paid Russian. Is not fake review.

15 Likes

Why not neither?

6 Likes

Online epistemological skepticism is way overdue.

12 Likes

I just wanted you to know that my bot is enjoying this thread immensely.

6 Likes

It’s just said how much the Internet has been turned into the billboards on the highway. It use to be a bit more authentic than that. Like when the Pueblo MUD client was a thing in the mid to late 90s they had a huge list (huge for me) of MUDs of all kinds to visit or try out. It felt like the world was more open but obviously such things either went away or got replaced with sleeker more monetized alternatives. I’m not against folks making money online but I’ll say that there needs to be emphasis on participation on the Internet beyond being a mere consumer.

11 Likes

Antidisinformation expert Ben Nimmo of the Integrity Institute says trollies can be identified by use of funny memes and the term “Cui Bono” .

Fortunately our governments provide approved patriotic thinking.

2 Likes

Hmm I wonder if they fact-check the President? Because that should keep them busy.

1 Like
1 Like