Interview with the real Joker

I tried watching it and yeah, definitely that specific sort of it-was-funny-on-drugs silliness with wacky cameos. A highlight was the Harry Nilsson score, especially the fully-sung end credits.

5 Likes

This.
I enjoyed watching it. I would not watch it again though unless it was with friends and booze.
If you are a fan of cinema oddities it is definitely worth seeking out otherwise you are not really missing anything.

Bonus the music is by Harry Nilsson who has a bit part as a prison guard.
ETA beat to it by @nungesser

ETAMore…

It isn’t a great film, but if you wanna watch a Preminger directed film I suggest Anatomy Of A Murder

5 Likes

Ooo, I’m going to go watch Advise & Consent again. At least some of those genius scene-chewing Senate speeches.

Now, I want someone to CGI a moustache on all of them.

6 Likes

man who laughs

7 Likes

The make-up over the moustache really makes Romero’s Joker even creepier and odder.

@smulder That is a fabulous bit of practical make up on Conrad Veidt as Gwynplaine.

3 Likes

Nancy Kovack, the dream of adolescent boys of the 60s

3 Likes

A concerted effort to bury it by all parties involved. I heard about it in a book about box office disasters.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thisay be the most interesting movie recommendation I’ve seen on the BBS since The Final Program (which everyone should totally watch). I’ma check it out.

2 Likes

It’s Lee Meriwether in the video, not Julie Newmar. For comparison:
image image
At the last minute was interesting to see William Dozier, the brains behind the “campy verson” of the Batman TV series; he was at the height (and close) of his career.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.