Inujred bat found on stoop

Sir, I cannot speak for the motivations of these other people you mention, but my cats spend 100% of their lives indoors (the only things they’ve ever killed are giant Alabama cockroaches) and are snuggly to the point of us having to have “no means no” conversations with them.

3 Likes

Yeah, but children are even more work than dogs.

Hell, children are more work than any job I’ve ever had. But my son has promised to invent teleportation, so totally worth it.

4 Likes

You didn’t name him Eric?

Because that’s like my mandatory first-pet-bat name now. Thanks Ze

1 Like

I was mostly messing :slight_smile:

My business partner has indoor cats too, as any responsible cat owner would
(in an urban environment, anyways).

1 Like

I didn’t buy either of my cats; both are rescued animals. My previously feral cat is a total asshole but since my cats are 100% indoors he’s only a nuisance to me.

“inujred”

4 Likes

Haha. Good on you for getting a rescue (my dog’s a rescue).

It depends on what you’re into.
Dogs have masters, cats have slaves…

…and rabbits are up to no good.

Nope. We aren’t in Shadyside.

I figured it was unlikely. It’s just funny that I saw an oddly behaved bat the other day.

Dogs are awesome at rolling in the foulest smelling substance they can find!

And eating cat poop.

No, the best pet is a cat that thinks/acts like a dog.

1 Like

That escalated quickly.

When I went to UT Austin, they’d show films in Hogg Auditorium (maybe they still do). This was a big, old building dating from the 1930s, with a glowing greenish clock to one side of the screen, and creaky wooden seats. When the movie was playing, I guess it attracted moths and/or other insects, because often there would be bats flying around above the audience.

The first time I noticed this was during The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. We weren’t quite sure, at first, that we really were seeing bats: earlier that evening, we had made certain arrangements to attain a mental state more suitable for viewing such a film.

But it seemed like whenever I noticed it after that, it was always during a vampire movie: Nosferatu the Vampyre, Fearless Vampire Killers etc.

2 Likes

Particularly for a conversation where everybody was pretty much joking with each other. I’m going to assume that @Medievalist is also meaning to be intentionally silly here, unless proven otherwise.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a little touchy on the subject. Sorry. I’ll fix it.

1 Like

Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

Ha! Great timing on this story. 30 minutes ago I noticed a brown lump in the trashcan in my bathroom. “What’s that? The can was empty last time I looked?” “Wow! A Bat!”

So I took a couple pictures and evicted the poor little guy. He flew off just fine. Nice of him to settle in a trashcan. Made taking him outside very convenient.

2 Likes