Investigation accuses French right-wing leader of funnelling €500K to his wife for "fake job"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/26/investigation-accuses-french-r.html

4 Likes

Making way for Marine Le Penn on the right. Great. Assholes.

15 Likes

Maybe the Left will make a stunning recovery!

Hollande has what, a 4% approval rating and isn’t standing, but from the little I’ve read, Hamon and Macron sound…okay.

6 Likes

Hollande fucked that up… I hate them all. Fuckers are screwing the rest of us over.

11 Likes

Well, I guess it’s now down to Germany and Canada and perhaps Iceland to preserve what remains of Western liberal democracy.

13 Likes

You’re truly in a bad spot when your only prayer for avoiding a right-wing nut job is… another right wing nut job.

8 Likes

Looks like someone is going to regret not saving this banner from 2002:

3 Likes

Le Pen, who is one little mustache short of a swastika.

5 Likes

More like “alternative job” amirite?

7 Likes

Unfortunately caring about candidates’ policies is a luxury that you can’t always afford if other candidates threaten to tear down the whole system.

5 Likes

that blows.

2 Likes

Somebody please reassure me we aren’t witnessing the rapid escalation towards WW3. Because it sure feels like it.

1 Like

fake job, is that the thing with the grapefruit?

Luckily the future has appointed their most accomplished time-traveling liars to address this very concern and I’m here to tell you there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

bwahahahaha <drawbreath> bwahahahahahahahaha <drawbreath> bwahahahahahahaha.

I hope you’re right. but I fear it will be 2002 again, this time with a Le Pen a little bit more acceptable. All over Europe the left/liberals/social-democrats drank the “New Labour was oh so successful” cool-aid* and are cheap copies of the real thing: Conservatives. And the mood is even one step more to the right.

* eta: this should have been Kool-Aid. sorry.

10 Likes

Doesn’t that mean a jump to the left is coming?

7 Likes

unlikely. on the right side of current European right parties is lots of wiggling room. see the parliament of Poland or Hungary.

4 Likes

Sorry. I checked, and the jump to the left comes before the step to the right. Putting your hands on your hips is the next bit.

10 Likes

Wait - a measly 500,000 euros? Well there’s your problem right there. People who steal chump change get prosecuted. People who steal real money get statues.

6 Likes

L’Amateur!

You are supposed to start up ze phony global philanthropic organization, then sell ze how-you-say…political access?..to your politically-connected spouse.

1 Like