Is Cryptoland, the "first physical crypto island", a parody of NFT culture? Is parody even possible?

Thread:

6 Likes

Dear Legal Team,

I have removed all of the false statements.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

8 Likes

At first I was thinking of Stefan Molyneux (cult leader) rather than Peter Molyneux (god games).

I don’t know if this disappoints me more than Black and White.

2 Likes

Wait, is that real? Their lawyers don’t even have spell-check?
I don’t think they should be designing a complex island “world”…there are a lot of details to keep track of, and I realize misspellings aren’t (usually) deadly, still…

3 Likes

Black and White was just a bad game. This is a bad game that also includes NFTS!

3 Likes

Funny thing about spell checkers. They are not that good at telling you that you have used the wrong word.

I get dinged occasionally by this by correctly spelling the wrong word.

1 Like

As far as I know, “fulfil” is just straight up spelled incorrectly.
Or did you see something else?

4 Likes

Libertarian Cryptobros: We envision a creating a brave new society based on unrestricted personal freedom where people can finally say or do what they want without fear of an overbearing nanny state.

Also Libertarian Cryptobros: If you hurt our feelings we will sue you into oblivion.

12 Likes

I thought you were referring to the followup message about “cease and decease”.

4 Likes

Well, ‘libelous’ doesn’t have three L’s.

2 Likes

It does in British English.

3 Likes

TIL

4 Likes
13 Likes

Ha! I didn’t see that, but it’s somehow fitting, based on what little I know of crypto-bros. :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

This prospect shoots to second place on my list of Hells on Earth. First is that gun-nut retreat in Idaho that requires every resident to own an assault rifle…

1 Like

I dunno, at least it’s right offshore so that there’s the prospect of fleeing to the mainland. These single-family Jetson-style homes that some libertarian seasteaders are trying to build look even worse to me. It’s like a prison in some futuristic dystopia.

Of course if you’re doing solitary time in your own hermetically sealed ocean pod at least you don’t have to interact with a bunch of cryptobros, so maybe the island is still worse.

2 Likes

There is a 100% chance that this is a scam.

5 Likes

Why is the co-founder and CEO of Cryptoland so hard to find out about? Even on the company’s own website, there is no background information about him.

Are these two photos of the same person? The left side is officially Max Olivier, from the Cryptoland website. The right photo is taken from a different website, which references Max Olivier as a Mallorcan semi-professional actor/rollerblader, but makes no reference to his being a crypto timelord. Getting strong “Martin Shkreli” vibes:

2 Likes

Wait…Dweezil Zappa is behind Cryptoland?

Only 100 percent?