Is that ship still stuck?

But the government is almost done clearing out all the Trump Administration appointees.

12 Likes

It has cost us $32 billion, so far…

That’s it. I refuse to pay another penny. I think if we all put our foot down and stopped funding this madness we could stop this extortion in its tracks. Time to get in those boys from India in with a bunch of gas axes and sell the lot for salvage.

3 Likes

Global economy is getting clogged arteries.

11 Likes

You just stumbled onto the solution! We need a giant balloon to inflate next to the ship to shove it to the side like a coronary angioplasty!

16 Likes

Come on, 300 elephants!!

9 Likes

I wonder if any old hands from the glory days of Project Plowshare are dreaming big dreams about how they would remove a pesky ship and enlarge the canal all in one glorious move…

13 Likes

If we were talking about a much smaller boat that would probably work, but there are a lot of containers. A chinook can lift one container per flight, but not the double size containers and needs service every 25 flight hours and major service after 100, probably more frequently if they are spending most of the time carrying a serious load like that. 'Lady Luck' Goes in for Routine Maintenance | Article | The United States Army The article is a bit out of date, but it looks like there are probably fewer than 1500 still in service globally. https://boeing.mediaroom.com/news-releases-statements?item=2389 The ship holds 20000 containers and a lot of them are the double size. Barges have a different limitation, speed. A fully modern port capable of handling a ship of that size still takes the better part of a full day. Container ports: the fastest, the busiest, and the best connected | UNCTAD A barge that can only grab a few containers before zipping off to unload is going to be way slower. It looks like the best option is the one they are doing, dig it out and get it moving under its own power.

7 Likes
28 Likes

You shouldn’t push those things too far into the canal.

36 Likes

You missed my favorite site https://is2020over.com/

3 Likes

Is that a synonym for ‘blue wrench’?

3 Likes

tugboats? If I were the decision maker here, would have the countryside mobilized to pull all the containers off the boat. Egypt gonna get some new dutch stuff on the cheap! We might put a few of those containers on the next ship headed to dutch-land.

They need to dig the boat straight out of the canal, on to its side, so it can be disassembled and scrapped. Ships that big belong in space. Call it the S.S. Hubris

3 Likes

Stay Home Lord Of The Rings GIF by Mena

13 Likes

spaceship battleship yamato GIF

17 Likes

definitely go for the reusable kind of swab. no need for single use stuff.

3 Likes

Looks to me it’s just a bigger version of getting your front tire stuck in a snow bank. Just gotta goose it right, git 'er rocking back and forth, she’ll be off in a jiff.

4 Likes

Can’t they just drill a hole through the Ever Given so that other ships can pass through it? /s

13 Likes
11 Likes

If they had just bothered to check the internet they would have found thousands of foolproof plans.

21 Likes

2el6o9

10 Likes