Is that ship still stuck?

Theoretically, yes (cutting, not drilling).
But I’d say this would take even longer, what with the heavy gear you’d have to bring in and/or construct/modify for this specific task.

9 Likes

love the site, but it bothers me that the url and main text of the site do not match.

3 Likes

Should’ve had a bag of cat litter in the trunk.

5 Likes

Elon Musk’s Twitter has been strangely quiet.

14 Likes

“Just construct a vacuum tube underneath the thing and send the ships through that way! Simple!”
“Elon, put down the phone. It’s past your bedtime.”

20 Likes

Quick, every patriotic American with at least one pair of Truck Nutz, get to the Arctic circle and roll coal till the ship floats again!

4 Likes
9 Likes

What do you think –– King Kong or Godzilla will get that ship unstuck?

3 Likes

(For those who haven’t been following, a massive container ship is blocking the Suez Canal apparently after taking a route shaped like a penis and testicles.)

So appearently the captain was looking for port clitoris and then just stuck it in any old way!

1 Like
4 Likes
10 Likes

A Jaeger could do the job.

10 Likes

This is not a bad theory:

10 Likes

If it weren’t for the pandemic, the Egyptian government could earn a buck by taking tourists to both sides of the canal. I would like to stay there for a while by the side of the ship, having a cold beer and giving suggestions to the captain just like the cartoon below.

13 Likes

Thanks to you we know it wasn’t the boat delivering the crappy sexist jokes.

15 Likes

This is literally how oil platforms are moved so I’m sure this car dude wasn’t the first to think of it. But I doubt the winch is strong enough.

6 Likes

He also suggested using the anchor lines from both sides if needed, and readjusting as needed. I’ve winched trucks out of the mud for decades, and have always been impressed at how powerful even the smallest winch motor is…because it has to be.

10 Likes
15 Likes

22 Likes

19 Likes