Is two enough when photoshopping women into an all-male "tech titans" group shot?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/12/is-two-enough-when-photoshoppi.html

9 Likes

Photoshop in 4 women??? come on, these guys aren’t made of money…

13 Likes

Sadly hilarious.

20190612_091011

17 Likes

So, were they not invited, or did the women have something better to do than hang out with a group of “Tech Titans”? Like pretty much anything?

11 Likes

Maybe they’re successful women who boycotted the hypermasculine labeling of themselves as “titans”?

23 Likes

I question the idea that Jeff Bezos is masculine to being with…but that’s probably just me. :smiley:

You aren’t wrong. So much douche in one photo. I’d like it if both those ladies sued for use of their likeness.

3 Likes

Well, whatever, but I doubt he objects to being labeled a titan.

10 Likes

What I want to know is if the women were on the trip and just not in the photo. If so why not? I know I’ve doctored large group family photos to fix someone being missing (who was there, just not in the group pic) from one photo.

4 Likes

How in the hell did they think these women were never gonna find out they’d been photoshopped into this picture in GQ???

6 Likes

The more important question at that point would be “why did they take the picture with just the men?”

5 Likes

Well actually, equal representation would obviously have required exactly one for one photoshopping.

FTFY.

12 Likes

True enough.

Can weasels be titans?

5 Likes

More would have caused them to clash. Then there would have been a whole Perseus thing, and a quest. Before you know it, they would all be dressed in loincloths and slathered in oil. It’s best they stopped at two, really.

5 Likes

That the Women aren’t in swim suits is an improvement, not much, but an improvement just the same.

7 Likes

“Titian! Honest to god!”

3 Likes

Why is “titan” hypermasculine? There were 12 titans, 6 female and 6 male. I guess technically they were “Titanesses”, but generally people refer to all of them as “titans”. And the modern definition is “A person or thing of very great strength, intellect, or importance.” It is probably most used in popular culture with the Teen Titans, which has both women and men on the team. I guess the football team, Tennessee Titans, is pretty hypermasculine. But is 'titan" in general?

13 Likes

…but in the ostensibly original photo, that leg where she would’ve been doesn’t seem to be attached to anyone, in fact that guy to her left either has no legs or they are stretched out uncomfortably (if not impossibly)

6 Likes

Lol

I think you found the guy whose body inspired David Byrne!

giphy|nullxnull

11 Likes

I’m convinced, that guy clearly has a little Captain in him.

8 Likes

…or next to him, anyhow

4 Likes