Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

Why yes, the EBU is racist, thank you for your service Eric. We know, but you showed.

7 Likes

Source

9 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

Trinity didn’t read the room. They fined the Students’ Union €200,000 and got egg on their face as nobody backed the college administration, not the students, staff, or public. Nor were the popo going to pay any attention - there was an actual fascist march during the occupation and the last time they ignored that it turned into a riot so they had zero interest in a pro-Palestinian protest. Their have been dozens of much, much larger free Palestine protests and exactly no trouble between all of them.

A complete climbdown was actually the face saving move they needed. I haven’t heard about the fine but it will quietly go away (or noisily, but away it will go).

7 Likes

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be a thing, of course… but it’s employed in war to differentiate what can be prosecuted as a war crime (shooting civilians, etc) and what can’t (shoot other combatants). If we want to end this ridiculous state of affairs, we should end war as we know it. But far too many men (and yes, some women) seem far too into that to make it a reality.

6 Likes

That’s pretty much my view.

2 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/palestinians-seek-un-general-assembly-backing-full-membership-2024-05-07/

5 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

8 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

5 Likes
3 Likes

The USA wouldn’t defend the UN. They’re way too into writing UN treaties then never implementing them domestically.

1 Like

CNN:

Strapped down, blindfolded, held in diapers: Israeli whistleblowers detail abuse of Palestinians in shadowy detention center

(I posted a CNN article the other day and it oneboxed. But it’s back to normal now.)

3 Likes

ETA:

5 Likes

The ambassador said that countries voting in favour were tearing up the Charter, but he didn’t think about the optics of acting it out himself.

8 Likes
2 Likes