Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Dog I Have No Idea What Im Doing GIF

2 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes

For the non-Finns, it’s important to understand that the Finnish Christian Democrats (KD) are not what parties of that name are in Central Europe - ie. center-right, conservative but sane, mainstream major parties.

The Finnish KD are a small party of non-mainstream, religious right weirdos with disproportionate amount of Pentecostals, Laestadians, Baptists, and other very minor (and frequently influenced by the US religious right) churches and sects.

7 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t have that context. It has a meaning in EU politics in English which is what I assumed.

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

i.e.

7 Likes
4 Likes

“The most significant failure was arrogance and the inability to absorb the idea that the Arabs can be smart enough to do what we would have done under similar circumstances,” he [Ehud Olmert] says. “We thought we are the start-up nation, we are sophisticated, we are the smart guys. The Arabs, these bunch of primitives, turned out they were smart,” he says, mocking the prevalent Israeli attitude.

Obligatory Umberto Eco quotation:

Fascist governments are condemned to lose wars because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the enemy.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Hd Reaction GIF

8 Likes
6 Likes

Israeli soldiers wear a patch representing Greater Israel - which includes, in addition to Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon, part of Syria, Iraq, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Then we are told that Israel wants peace with its Arab neighbors…

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes