Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t have any evindece. It just seems like it ever since that attack on the Iranian consulate in Damascus. Ok, there is another reason for the escalation, protecting Netanyahu.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This is a subscriber-only article.

1 Like

https://archive.ph/MLTbc

5 Likes
2 Likes

Reading that, I can’t help but think about Yugoslavia, and how quickly things in Sarajevo shifted along those ethnic/religious lines… neighbors going after neighbors.

8 Likes

Paging @gracchus:

Despite Shirion’s claims to be an opponent of antisemitism, on Twitter it regularly promotes conspiracy theories that experts regard as being themselves implicitly antisemitic.

They include conspiracy narratives about the billionaire Jewish philanthropist George Soros.

On May 10, Shirion posted a warning about the “Soros-Backed Tides Foundation”.

Beirich, the extremism expert, said that Soros conspiracy theories are “always implicitly linked” with antisemitism. She added that “it’s strange that [Linden] is at once rabidly pro-Israel and also spreads antisemitic conspiracy theories”.

5 Likes
3 Likes

via 2rawtooreal2

Also posted in the Biden thread

2 Likes

Yep. As I’ve noted before about the Haredi and settlers…

This attitude is also common outside Israel, which is why you see the seemingly counter-inutuitive phenomenon of right-wing Jews spreading the anti-Semitic “Great Replacement” and Soros conspiracy theories.

8 Likes
6 Likes

Then there are the far-right bros who are now posturing as pro-Palestinian, including Andrew Tate and self-styled “MAGA communist” Jackson Hinkle.

3 Likes

I recently read about Hinkle, who’s essentially a tankie and tool of Putin pretending to be a left-wing populist. Another arsehole to put on our radar.

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes