Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

4 Likes

Who would have imagined that destroying the Gaza Strip might have negative consequences in Israel?

“The Khan Younis municipality has already started to dump sewage into the sea, which may lead to the closure of Zikim and Ashkelon beaches in southern Israel. It is a miracle that no diseases have spread there. There are piles of garbage next to running water, and we will take care of this issue,” he said.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I’m sure Israel will get right on that…

1 Like
2 Likes

Misery and horror, indeed.

6 Likes

But some “Christians” in America are clutching their pearls over trans girls in girls sports… This is the REAL fucking evil we should be trying to eradicate from the face of the earth…

computer rage GIF

7 Likes
2 Likes

The impact of famine lasts generations, not just one lifetime.

Of those who survive of course.

I know they don’t want to leave, or at least don’t want to have to leave, but I celebrate every Palestinian who escapes the Gaza prison camp as a person saved.

6 Likes
5 Likes

4 Likes
7 Likes

It’s still unclear to me why Hakeem Jeffries and Chuck Schumer decided to extend that invitation to Netanyahu. It wasn’t necessary to do that.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Obviously to give Bibi a stern talking-to; and afterwards he’ll pinky-swear to be good.
And then everybody lived happily ever after.

3 Likes

1 Like

Israel has lost this war and Israelis have no idea how badly they have lost. The war of revenge that Israel is fighting in Gaza has crossed every moral red-line that is imaginable. My friend used the word “unimaginable” throughout the evening. He is correct, it is unimaginable. In our pain and trauma caused by the brutal atrocities committed by Hamas, we Israelis have lost any kind of moral code that may have existed before October 7. Our soldiers are called heroes and we feel that they are protecting us. We talk about the great sacrifices that they are making every day in Gaza and we mourn for those who are killed in action. But those who send them into battle for what we have called a “just war” have gone too far and for too long. Most of those people who we are killing and are destroying their lives are facing atrocities committed by Israel. Those who survive will be there tomorrow. They were our neighbors and they will remain our neighbors. That is the reality. But our vengeance is creating monsters and no one is in our government in Israel, and maybe no one in our army and security forces is thinking about what happens when the war is over. What kind of tomorrow are we offering to the millions of Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank? What kind of tomorrow are we offering to ourselves and to our children. What kind of future are we creating?

4 Likes

That would eliminate Zionist Shapiro as a running mate, but I would be shocked if she deviates at all from the current public “stop killing people” rhetoric while sending weapons to do so. I mean, Drumpf has to be stopped, but can we please pick someone for VP who does not openly support the genocidal regime in Israel while suppressing American voices against it? Someone with a conscience?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Talib: https://cdn.bsky.app/img/feed_thumbnail/plain/did:plc:64zyeexwq37nx6h7xvke4cow/bafkreihed25eher6bpi4dxsvd64foysvokv7yhpdzmq7opp3h6nul3h4i4@jpeg

5 Likes