Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Intentionally striking schools, hospitals and humanitarian zones. At what point is this shit war crimes? Telling folks to “Go here if you want to live” then hitting that area… And these are the good guys? No, I am not defending Hamas. They are evil, terrorist, asshats. But these are supposed to be the civilized nation-state representatives! There are no good guys, there are criminals and victims. I hate this a lot.

7 Likes

AFAIK “humanitarian zones” are not a thing in international law. Israel just unilaterally designates zones and says that it won’t bomb them.

1 Like

Point holds. They are acting like terrorists. Fighting terrorists. Of course, we USAians have very little room to criticize, which makes me even sadder. Their goal is clearly to eliminate the Palestinians as a people. They have been on the receiving end of a Final Solution. They should know better. But no…

4 Likes

The occupation has always been brutal, though. They’re not doing anything that they haven’t done before, they’re just doing it more out in the open and at a larger scale… Check out Joe Sacco’s Footnotes in Gaza for an event in the 1950s that was only a footnote in an UN report…

:woman_shrugging:

Imperialism has always been brutal and messy and the colonized have always known that and have tried to articulate it to the global north. Most of us have just assumed it was not that bad… I’m deeply skeptical of social media as a force in the world, but at the very least it’s helpful for seeing this kind of thing in real life. This is always what it’s been and what it continues to be…

5 Likes

Anadolu Agency:

Israel holds 1,500 Palestinian bodies in its Sde Teiman detention center

AP:

Far-right groups that block aid to Gaza receive tax-deductible donations from US and Israel

2 Likes

Sad Matthew Mcconaughey GIF by Legendary Entertainment

2 Likes

In the case of far-right minister Ben-Gvir he quite literally is a terrorist, in that he’s already been convicted of terrorism charges in 2007, among other crimes.

And now the guy is openly using starvation of prisoners as a policy of “deterrence.”

Many, many people warned about letting this guy back into government long before the October 7th attacks, so his behavior is not exactly a surprise.

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Yeah. When the current round kicked off I at least had access to social media which reported, and had footage of, Israel’s mass indiscriminate bombing, including hospitals right from the get go, to counter the disinformation the corporate media was regurgitating.

3 Likes

They are terrorists. Always have been.

You are what you do.

If you are okay with calling Hamas terrorists, like me, then you should be okay with calling the IDF and settlers terrorists. Otherwise terrorist is a word to describe the wrong type of person rather than people or groups who engage in certain behaviours.

Which is, of course, what hegemonic power means when it uses the term.

6 Likes

(Note the insistence that Biden is suffering “cognitive decline” but Trump is not. In fact the author attributes Trumps’s incoherent rambling to the alleged effect of wealth on the brain.)

2 Likes
3 Likes

… a war crime is what you get charged with after you are captured by your enemies

Syrian official who oversaw prison where alleged abuse took place arrested by US officials

4 Likes