Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

Spoiler alert: there are no available tickets.

7 Likes

Yeah, I thought that was odd. The Irish government last week were warning that they had no way to get people out of Lebanon.

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Just started this
 Probably won’t finish it today.

3 Likes

“You’re saying that children in Gaza are being shot by snipers?” asked Smith.

“Definitively,” said Dr. Perlmutter. “I have two children that I have photographs of that were shot so perfectly in the chest, I couldn’t put my stethoscope over their heart more accurately, and directly on the side of the head, in the same child. No toddler gets shot twice by mistake by the ‘world’s best sniper.’ And they’re dead-center shots.”

8 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

It was encouraging to see this move off Reddit to the mainstream.

Israel is bog standard for the far right: every accusation a projection. Israel uses human shields as a matter of course.

4 Likes

Smotrich: Might be ‘justified and moral’ to cause 2 million Gazans to die of hunger, but world won’t let us

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/smotrich-might-be-justified-and-moral-to-cause-2-million-gazans-to-die-of-hunger-but-world-wont-let-us/

4 Likes

Angry Cartoon Network GIF

3 Likes

B’Tselem:
Welcome to Hell: The Israeli Prison System as a Network of Torture Camps

“Welcome to Hell” is a report on the abuse and inhuman treatment of Palestinians held in Israeli custody since 7 October 2023. B’Tselem collected testimonies from 55 Palestinians held during that time and released, almost all with no charges. Their testimonies reveal the outcomes of the rushed transformation of more than a dozen Israeli prison facilities, military and civilian, into a network of camps dedicated to the abuse of inmates as a matter of policy. Facilities in which every inmate is deliberately subjected to harsh, relentless pain and suffering operate as de-facto torture camps.

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

What’s the scribbled over bit on the copper’s uniform do you think?

ETA
It’s just “AI” gibberish isn’t it?

1 Like

I think the Deputy Mayor has ripped off some Nazi site for the image and cunningly covered up the theft.

3 Likes

Ah right! Also they spelt racist wrong, they spelt it w-e-a-k.

1 Like