Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

Let’s hope…

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Artists and brothers Asaf and Tomer Hanuka caught up in the BS…

https://archive.ph/0MKm8

1 Like

Interactive map visualizing the scale of the October 07 Hamas attacks:

5 Likes

Izchak Herzog said so in an interview with right-wing German tabloid BILD. His speaker, according to tagesschau.de (in general a trustworthy source) specified on request: “Die Tatsache, dass ein erheblicher Teil ihres Schädels gefunden wurde, löste die Angst aus, dass sie geköpft wurde.” (i.e., “The fact that a significant part of her skull was found sparked fears that she had been decapitated.”)

1 Like

(homebrew excerpt because excerpter doesn’t like CNN)

CNN - 2 Nov 23

US intel suggests Syria’s Assad agreed to send Russian missile system to Hezbollah with Wagner group help

The US has intelligence that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has agreed to provide the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah with a Russian-made missile defense system, according to two people familiar with the intelligence.

Standard caveats regarding the reliability of “intelligence” apply.

3 Likes

This was brought up earlier, but I thought this was important to highlight because this article includes a map of flights from six drones over the last 5 days.

If the surveillance flights are about hostage recovery as reported, it would seem to indicate the US believes the hostages might be in Southern Gaza somewhere in or around Khan Yunis given the flight paths.

1 Like

The Israeli air force aircraft are doing something funky with their ADSB transmitters.

Hello hello, who is this?

2 Likes

Isn’t Anthony Blinken headed to the Middle East today? Maybe that’s him?

also, is this what ADSB is?

Thanks!

3 Likes
1 Like

That C-130’s flight path is from MLAT, not ADS-B. Position accuracy can be kind of meh since it’s doing triangulation and the number of receivers varies. Without interpolation, planes can look like their jumping around.

Edit: clarification

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware he was. If he was passing through my homeland you’d think he’d have texted me. The cheek of him.

4 Likes

Indeed! Totally bad form on his part! :grimacing:

How Dare He The Good Place GIF by Team Coco

but yeah, that’s my guess. A military transport is likely the quickest way to get around in these “shuttle diplomacy” situations…

2 Likes

… looks like it’s on the way

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza said more than 9,000 people had been killed in the Gaza Strip since 7 October, when the current conflict began after Hamas launched its deadly attacks on Israel, killing 1,400 people. Since then, Israel has bombarded Gaza with air strikes as it seeks to “destroy Hamas”

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67305304

3 Likes