Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

1 Like

Daily death rate in Gaza higher than any other major 21st Century conflict - Oxfam | Oxfam International.

3 Likes

Assuming it will be covered later in english, but as I haven’t seen any decent post in english yet

Summary of the defense: “We are within our rights to defend ourselves, we have commited no war crimes, and the only genocide here is the one Hamas commited against the israely people. And if there was any irregularity commited during our defense operation, it will be handled by our strong judicial body.”

I know we said to keep the comments to a minimum and mainly report the news but holy crap these opening statements are trump level delusion.

2 Likes

From December:

2 Likes
1 Like

They really believe that they are in the right here
 it’s enraging.

1 Like

Israel: It is hateful and grossly inappropriate to accuse our country of somehow being an apartheid state government commits human rights atrocities.

South Africa: Israel is a textbook example of an apartheid government that commits human rights atrocities. We know, because our country used to be one.

Israel: Those guys clearly don’t know what they’re talking about.

7 Likes

Anyone posted this yet?

I want to highlight this line:

The respectable set says that once the Houthis started attacking Red Sea shipping, a U.S. reprisal was inevitable. There’s a lazy-person’s truth here, for sure.

I love this
 this “lazy-person’s truth” idea informs so much thinking about complicated events (not just wars, but the economy, etc). It’s a way to dismiss our collective ability to make change.

And the podcast they mention at the end

Will repost over in the drums of war thread, too

1 Like
1 Like

Gotta say this (I know it won’t last), but Israel is going to have one heck of a utility bill after all this gaslighting.

4 Likes

Tough choices for Israel in US’s Middle East vision

1 Like