Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

Sure, many people are hungry, but there could be more people who are hungrier, so clearly we’re not quite there yet. When the last person has died of hunger, then we will know that there was, in fact, a famine.

/s :rage:

4 Likes

I wonder why did they stop eating…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Was this the week Israel and Hezbollah drew closer to war?

4 Likes

Arab News:

Israeli soldiers show Gaza destruction with ‘mocking’ musical background, sparking fresh social media backlash

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

Naomi Klein, Michelle Alexander, Hisham Matar, Isabella Hammad, Maaza Mengiste, Zaina Arafat, and Susan Muaddi Darraj are among the writers who have signed a damning open letter to PEN America in which they announce their decision not to participate in this year’s PEN World Voices Festival due to the organization’s inadequate response to the unfolding genocide in Gaza.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Integrated Food Security Phase Classification:

GAZA STRIP: Famine is imminent as 1.1 million people, half of Gaza, experience catastrophic food insecurity

Oxfam:
ISRAEL GOVERNMENT CONTINUES TO BLOCK AID RESPONSE DESPITE ICJ GENOCIDE COURT RULING, SAYS OXFAM

3 Likes
5 Likes

Same group who pushed for the settlements that contributed a significant amount of tension in the region getting pissed off about being drafted

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

“It’s a little bit of an unfortunate situation there, but from Israel’s perspective I would do my best to move the people out and then clean it up.”

Some people see genocide; Jared sees waterfront property. Bet he made a killing in the Rwanda real estate market after their “unfortunate situation.” Has anybody checked his house for Nazi-looted art?

3 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/19/biden-netanyahu-israel-gaza-politics

3 Likes

Best possible interpretation:

“I’m not trying to push you out… because I don’t need to. You’re doing that yourself. The debts you’re racking up will all come due at once, and I’m not going to help you either when they do.”

4 Likes

Sorry for the paywall. Interesting changes in Canadian policy. Fuller detail in the CBC piece.

Before backing the motion, the government also adjusted its section on military exports. It wouldn’t go along with a call to “suspend all trade in military goods and technology with Israel” but agreed to “cease the further authorization and transfer of arms exports to Israel.”

3 Likes

UN staff working with Palestinians in the occupied West Bank have been subjected to a systematic campaign of obstruction and harassment by the Israeli military and authorities since the beginning of the conflict in Gaza five months ago, according to internal UN documents obtained by the Guardian.

The documents record hundreds of incidents ranging from the alleged blindfolding and beating of UN staff at checkpoints to the use of UN facilities by Israeli troops as firing positions during raids on refugee camps in which Palestinians were killed.

2 Likes