Israel versus Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, Syria, aid workers, and journalists. 2023-24

Isn’t it a Christian bible reference? Not really part of Israeli Jewish culture.

The metaphor of being as a lost sheep is in Psalms, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel.

Just saying.

3 Likes

Sheep are never really lost. They just go where the food is.

1 Like

Those are about people who strayed from god which would be a weird thing to reference w.r.t. a little girl getting kidnapped. They also don’t do the whole “lost and now found” bit.

Hrm, actually reading Luke, that seems to be what the Christian version means as well?

I’d chalk it up to a cultural misunderstanding.

It is.

But it’s not like the concept of being “lost” is one that only Christians know.

… looks sort of like Likud is just displeased with Ireland’s general position on Palestine and will take any opportunity to complain about it :confused:

6 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes

Catching up:

Elon Musk tells Netanyahu he wants to help rebuild Gaza after war

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/27/elon-musk-visit-israel-netanyahu-hamas-attack

For Hamas no doubt.

Probably not. From the Guardian column on pro-Israel anti-semites that @DasKleineTeilchen posted:

Netanyahu didn’t bother to admonish Musk at all – the pair are friends, and Netanyahu has called him the “Edison of our time” even after many examples of Musk giving a platform to antisemites.

Musk did not remove the original post; instead he denied he was an antisemite and promised to come down hard on those who defended Palestinian rights on X, saying he would remove users who posted phrases like “decolonization” and “from the river to the sea”, which he said were “euphemisms” that “necessarily imply genocide”.

Greenblatt was thrilled: “I appreciate this leadership in fighting hate.”

Musk has agreed that Israel will control use of Starlink in the Gaza Strip.

But in a new tack, Karhi said on Monday that Israel and Musk had reached an agreement in principle whereby “Starlink satellite units can only be operated in Israel with the approval of the Israeli Ministry of Communications, including the Gaza Strip.”

2 Likes

weird in so many ways he said that;

I guess its still an insult to edisons legacy to compare him to elno.

edit/ ohmy, the conservative jewish media actually sees him as a full-blown antisemite;

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like