Israel "will suffer the wrath of Allah," says lawmaker on Parliament floor before dropping from heart attack (video)

i will assume your question is in earnest.

every panel depicts a white man ( plus or minus what might well be a jewish caricature thrown in there :confused: ) and the progression of panels implies that monotheism, and particularly a white man in the sky, is more enlightened than all of other forms of religion.

that tells you exactly the religious tradition of the artist’s upbringing, the color of their skin, their gender, and quite probably their sexuality

slightly more subtle, there is the idea of progression towards enlightenment through history. that doubles down on all of the above, while also giving a good indication of their economic status

last, of course, there’s the “i’m smarter than everyone because i don’t relig.” that kind of “clever” just makes me embarrassed for my fellow atheists*

if you need any reference for the cartoonist, please see christopher hitchens or richard dawkins. of actual religion, how it works, what it means, and how people use it? there is nothing.

/rant /derail

(* life isn't about "getting it right." if it's about anything, it's about learning to be a decent person. demeaning other people's beliefs ain't that. )
5 Likes

He died

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/turkish-mp-dies-after-suffering-heart-attack-parliament-2023-12-14/

3 Likes

It’s also about just getting through the day. If religion helps some people with that, good for them

2 Likes

To update the classic joke…

God will make people I don’t like dead.
– Bitmez

Bitmez is dead.
– God

2 Likes

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.