It may be possible to erase bad memories

So stealin’ that. Oooooh, the places you could use that line…

Hrmph. Maybe ol’ Hubbard (L. Ron, Dianetics and Space Opera and Scientoloty) was on to something - besides making a lot of money off a “religion”?

I’m not sure how this is different to any form of desensitization, therapeutic, propaganda or otherwise.

I guess the question and test will be long term effects, impacts and benefits or damage.

Me, I’m comfy with my trauma, like my old sneakers or the plaid blanket on the sofa or certain friends who know all the great, good, bad and ugly of me and choose to be my friends - and allow me to be theirs - just the same.

From time to time I find myself wishing life had a rewind/erase button - but then again, what I am today is the sum of all my experiences and the memories of them. And that includes the bad ones.
If you’d be able to erase everything ‘bad’ in an easy way at the spur of the moment you will never learn anything and never develop beyond a very shallow personality.
That being said, I still can see how a memory wipe could offer help in causes of severe trauma.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.