Italian man skipped work while collecting paycheck for 15 years

Originally published at: Italian man skipped work while collecting paycheck for 15 years | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Probably better for the patients that he wasn’t actually at the hospital.

12 Likes

‘We uh, we fixed the glitch. So he won’t be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.’

21 Likes

The buried lede here is that he threatened people to keep his scam going and stop it being reported.

19 Likes

I figured this was about Silvio Berlusconi.

11 Likes

d1d705df9d98739ff7b7c4c9512abfdc

8 Likes

Cristo, che stronzo.

12 Likes

La dolce vita

2 Likes

this.

Usually I give people who put this much effort into being lazy some credit. Thugs and bullies wipe that right out.

8 Likes

Yes, Dudeism has standards. Bullies don’t abide.

9 Likes

I would have thought this would get him promoted?

sounds like more of an ongoing shakedown than scam. Extortion.

1 Like

“Where’s the money, Lebowsconi?”

2 Likes

Here in Argentina, this man would be knows as a “gnocchi”.
The expression comes from and older expression where they call the 29th of every month ‘gnocchi day’ because you’re out of money by end of the month, so you’re going to make a simple supper out of cheap ingredients (gnocchi is a very cheap meal if you make it yourself, be it flour or potato).
So the 29th is Gnocchi Day.
Following in the logic is using the term ‘gnocchi’ to refer to those people who are either legitimately employed yet slackers, or (somewhat common) well-connected people who were able to make arrangements to get some additional income by way of being put on the books somewhere.
Because they only show up for work once a month, on payday.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.