It's a tough life sometimes

If the gf is to be believed, the world is coming to an end, thanks to our flight out of Casablanca being delayed by an hour…

2 Likes

Please take notes for me: my daughter will be there next month. She’s doing a short research project on formal versus street/market language.

7 Likes

Well, I can solve that one right quick. Formal language is inneficient.

(Ask me about sgml, xml, HTML, xhtml, yaml, json, and a million others. There is a reason we use the json today)

5 Likes

the meee-eee-eeek shall inherit the earth?

4 Likes

Make the most of the time.

13 Likes

Tree goats!

There’s whole wall calendars dedicated to the subject!

A coworker’s dad bought her one, is how I know. We discussed the whole goats in trees thing for a while… Including the part where tree goats calendars make a terrible gift. 12 months of tree goats… It’s a little much.

I snuck back over and sharpied top hats, monocles, and bowties on the tree goats. It was a drastic improvement.

Thats my tree goat calendar hack. Hope it comes in handy!

3 Likes

Soon…

9 Likes

One guess where I am now.

13 Likes

Don’t forget to look at the Vermeer!

3 Likes

Awesome! How long are you and the GF on this holiday jaunt? Should we start taking bets on where you folks are going next?

3 Likes

Missed out on Vermeer; only had a few hours to take on the whole Louvre :frowning:

Been on this holiday since the 20th, heading home on the 16th.

No prizes for guessing this location…

6 Likes

It’s been fun to follow along vicariously. We can argue about spoke count (or not) later. Looks like a damn awesome holiday.

5 Likes

I’ll post a bunch more pics after I get home and recover from the jet lag… Which is gonna be the worst, since I’m heading to just about the opposite side of the globe.

About to sit on a plane for 24 hours straight; not looking forward to it… :disappointed:

Well, that’s what you get for not taking us all on vacay with you! :wink:

Have a safe ride home! Can’t wait to see more from your trip!

4 Likes

So I was crook with a head cold for the flight home, which left me with an unpopped ear for two weeks… that totally sucked.

Anyway, as promised, here are some of the >5000 pics we took.

Barcelona

Including the Sagrada Familia, Casa Battlo, La Pedrera, a day trip to the Pyrenees via Vic, the Palau de la Musica, and then we hopped on the bullet train to Madrid.

Easter Sunday - Barcelona’s traffic was like a country town!

16 Likes

Holy shit are these well-chosen. There’s not an image among them that remotely resembles anything I’ve ever seen before! Man, you got to see some amazing stuff. Keep 'em coming!

6 Likes

Yeah, it was jam-packed.

Keep an eye on that post for a while; I’m still editing it and adding pics because it’s super clunky with all those in there.

3 Likes

Okay, that’s one lot of pics for now… Madrid to follow when I can be arsed.

4 Likes

I’m totally hetero, but can I be your boyfriend?

8 Likes

Why am I out of likes!!!

1. great photos, dude!
  2. I freaking love Barcelona, and you’ve just reminded me why
  3. did you do all the research yourself to get into the buildings, or go on an official tour?
3 Likes