Loch Ness tourist posts scathing TripAdvisor review because his family didn't spot Nessie

Originally published at: Loch Ness tourist posts scathing TripAdvisor review because his family didn't spot Nessie | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Stupid people are everywhere.

Hope he doesn’t fly all the way over here to spot Bigfoot!

20 Likes

Trick I learned from a Scotsman who lives there: Hide behind a bush and imitate the sound of a Haggis, that attracts the monster. You can of course buy a haggis lure although they are strictly spoken illegal according to the Hunting Act 2004.

35 Likes

Who do I write to to complain that Grimsby Town FC’s stadium is in Cleethorpes (and has been for over 100 years), and Cleethorpes Town FC’s stadium is in Grimsby?

17 Likes

Oh no! 400 miles! Meanwhile I travelled 600 miles to not catch some fish. And I had a blast. Americans and Europeans do have very different views on travel distances.

11 Likes

I hope they at least got to have a nice bacon roll at the place with the Peppa Pig sign.

10 Likes

It’s been said that Americans think 100 years is a long time while Europeans think 100 miles is a long distance.

29 Likes

weather was terrible one moment, sunshine the next, it was hard to keep up.

Soooo… Scotland.

28 Likes

Few people realize Bigfoot is just a despondent Chewbacca

According to Comics Continuity, Chewbacca is Bigfoot!
“In Star Wars Tales #19 Han Solo travels through  time and crashes on Earth. Han is killed in an attack by Natives, but  Chewbacca lives and...

12 Likes

If I were to travel in a straight line at a random direction for up to 400 miles from my current location, I would end up in one of 10 different countries (or the territorial waters of an 11th), each speaking a different language, belonging to 4 major language families. Four of those countries, including my own, would be completely enclosed within this 400 mile radius circle.

14 Likes

In fairness, the last 150 miles of that would have been on the A9, which is equivalent to about 800 miles on a normal road.

14 Likes

In fairness, in the US you can average 80mph for 600 miles.

4 Likes

To expand on what @SheiffFatman said, how long would that trip take you if you had to avoid major roads (anything more than one lane in each direction)? A lot of roads in the US have been built around the existence of cars, British roads haven’t and have just been upgraded over time.

8 Likes

I had a funny conversation on a bus in Belgium once when my seatmate discovered I am Canadian.

‘Oh, you’re Canadian, why don’t you speak French?’

‘The French part of the country is 3500 km away from where I live. Do you speak Russian? It is 1000 km closer to Paris.’

20 Likes

I think this is very dry British humour guys. I Scottish and live in England and it’s certainly that.

10 Likes

What’s your take Rob B?

1 Like

Great band name! I’m thinking EMO metal.

The review reminded of me of this brilliant artist who made posters based on one-star reviews of all the national parks. Here’s the one for Zion:

:joy:

23 Likes

Flew into Washington this August to see Trump installed as President again … bitterly disappointed.

Wish someone would have said it wasn’t going to happen.

11 Likes

In contrast, if I were to travel 400 miles in any direction, I would have barely crossed the border of my state.

8 Likes

Upgraded? Not on the way to bloody Scotland they haven’t. :laughing:

3 Likes