Loch Ness tourist posts scathing TripAdvisor review because his family didn't spot Nessie

No One? OK Ill Post it

24 Likes

The government put some tarmac on Dere Street. What more do we ungrateful Northeners expect from them?

5 Likes

I wand fully-automated luxury communism, and dual carriageway all the way up the A1. Impossibilism or death!

7 Likes

Hope they have better luck on their North Pole expedition next year, I’m sure Santa won’t disappoint.

5 Likes

Maybe he will fly his family to Canada to spot Ogopogo.

4 Likes

Just because your family didn’t see the monster doesn’t mean the monster didn’t see you.

13 Likes

What’s a mile?

5 Likes

Ogopogo makes the news at least once a year around here after being spotted by someone who’s usually been drinking in the heat that day.

The real mystery here is the rare Okanagan Sturgeon. Everyone knows someone whose grandad/uncle worked on the bridge when it was being built who saw things down there that could only be sturgeon. There’s even a unclaimed bounty on them.

4 Likes

Growing up on the East Coast, I always keep this in mind when traveling to central or western states. I could visit multiple states (even points in Canada) using Philly as a starting point:

4 Likes

Something this map circle tool measures by default, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered to convert.

4 Likes

First part of the statement answers the question implied in the second part.

4 Likes

Well he’s from Grimsby on the east / north-east coast facing the North Sea, so perhaps he assumed everywhere else had better weather?

6 Likes

In further contrast, if I traveled 400 miles in any direction, I’d either be in one of two states or very wet.

I’m in the San Francisco Bay area.

4 Likes

I traveled 2500 miles to Iceland to see the northern lights, which actually do exist unlike the Loch Ness monster, and didn’t see them. I was disappointed but didn’t leave a bad Yelp review for the sky.

12 Likes

It’s a distance on topography version of a Royale with cheese.

5 Likes

To quote Billy Connolly, “There’s no such thing as bad weather, there’s just the wrong clothes.”

9 Likes

My pal Langan in Louavulle is within the 400mi radius of Detroit :slight_smile:

That type of tourist is too common. Yuck.

After being in Jamaica a couple days for the first time (it was mom’s 2nd), hanging out with our friend and driver Bamis, he told us,“You na tourists - you’re Jamericans!” :smiley:

3 Likes

alas, an even more perfect opportunity to post that “Deathbed Confession” video from Those Darn Accordions, but since i just posted it the other day it seems redundant, so i won’t do it.

3 Likes

unnamed

8 Likes

I went to Loch Ness once, and skipped the monster-hunting boat ride to explore in the town and along the shore instead. It was perfectly nice. It’s a beautiful place, and it saddens me to think that this idiot would rather get angry that they didn’t see a proven hoax (that, even if it did exist, would be incredibly rare to encounter) than enjoy what’s right in front of their face.

5 Likes