Loch Ness tourist posts scathing TripAdvisor review because his family didn't spot Nessie

I had the same thing happen and after two days of waiting I just wandered over to Nessieland and had a doobie. Worked out fine for me although it left me with a craving for haggis lasagna (it is a real thing).

2 Likes

Here in Canada, I wouldn’t even make it to my dad’s place one town over doing that. And we like it that way. Room to stretch one’s legs.

4 Likes

She does a great Scottish distillery tour guide too. Distillery Tour

1 Like

Apparently being bald and mental is enough to qualify you as a magician.

:joy:

3 Likes

Ah yes, but did you not catch a monster fish? You cannot know the frustration if you did not catch one of those.

2 Likes

400 Scottish miles is the rough equivalent of about a thousand Midwest American miles, especially once you’re on the roads through the Highlands up around Inverness. They’re like secondary or tertiary county roads here.

Which is absolutely perfect. The surroundings are beautiful, there’s little reason to rush, so driving 40 MPH fits.

Whereas when you’re on a four lane freeway driving across Nebraska, you can’t go fast enough to pass through those mind-numbing, identical, nearly endless fields. No matter what you’re going to spend most of a day crossing that state.

6 Likes

Now what would he proclaim if he had walked 500 miles? Or 500 more?

12 Likes

I don’t think he would have stayed for Sunshine on Leith.

4 Likes

dear god no GIF

1 Like

That sounds amazing. I’d love to try those 400 Scottish miles. Fortunately my trip was not Midwest but instead over and through the Smokey mountains which aren’t quite as scenic as Scotland perhaps but they have their charm.

3 Likes

I completely agree. I used to live right across the Humber from Grimsby, never met a codhead I didn’t like. Many excellent comic actors come from the place

5 Likes

Speaking French in Belgium is political! Seriously, in Walloon not understanding (their version of) French is considered a personal insult if not a crime against nature.

I hear you. Been there, did that. Although summer solstice probably isn’t the best time to see the aurora.

The source for the story is the Sun (not going to look at it).
Cannot find the review on TripAdvisor (brief not extensive search).

Oh well.

1 Like

The Romans built perfectly good roads for the Britons. What have they done for us lately? /s

2 Likes

No midgies mentioned so a good day all told!

4 Likes

Exactly. If the complainer was American, I’d assume it was serious.

2 Likes

I had a car like the once. Please tip your waitstaff. I’m here all week.

4 Likes

But… did you see any UFOs?

1 Like

Really real! I saw it on the menu board at a small restaurant in Drumnadrochit.

2 Likes