Attack of the Tourons

Now that many earthlings have entered the summertime dimension, here’s a place for news and kvetching about that annual plague – moronic tourists.

All relevant news, sightings, complaints and thoughts welcome, incuding tips on how NOT to be a touron.

14 Likes

Don’t! That thing will fucking kill you!

15 Likes

we are in that blissful slow season between the snowbirds leaving the islands and memeorial day when the summer tourist season begins with a rush. so nice to be able to drive up and down the US1 without near-death experiences from huge rv’s pulling a car blindly changes lanes in front of you. the boat ramps are nearly empty and the waters are not full of crazy-ass boaters full throttling in no wake zones and crashing into manatees. i love this brief respite from tourons, but memorial day is drawing near and the next slow season is not until the start of schools in september.
alas, such is life in a beautiful attraction that is this tourist destination.

14 Likes

Tis the season for cars driving the wrong way on Ann Arbor’s one-way streets. :disappointed: I’m looking forward to the school year ending so I don’t have to drive to work with much frequency.

15 Likes

Tis be the season where drunk english guys fall from balconies in spanish coastal hotels. It has become so common an ocurrence we are starting to say “the summer cannot begin without this traditional ceremony”.

12 Likes

Aka “doing a Russian”.

3 Likes

Not in spain. Before the war, the common thing for russians to do in Spain was going to big outlet stores in industrial poligons to buy reasonably priced fur coats and other knockoff brand products.

But we have a better word for it… “Balconing” (from balcón = balcony) :laughing:

8 Likes
9 Likes

another touron :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Is Yellowstone earth’s strongest touron magnet?

7 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

Do you reckon they did also contact the front desk? I mean, that sounds like a pretty serious complaint. If I was front desk I’d have tried to help sort it out. By slathering them in a judicious admixture of honey and horny bear pheromones and hanging them feet up from a big tree.

Happy to help! Have a nice day! :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

10 Likes

Reminds me of this recent lawsuit

CT couple alleges state is illegally filming their property by attaching camera to wandering bear

According to a request for injunction filed last month, a bear bearing an identifying tag and a camera entered the Brault’s property earlier in May. It’s a bear Williams said Mark Brault had seen before.

“He noticed that the bear now had not just an ear tag but a collar, and so he got on his camera and zoomed in on the bear, and not only did it have a collar, but the collar had a camera on it,” Williams said. “That’s a bear that the DEEP knows is a frequenter of the property. So what does that say to me? That says to me that they’re engaging in a warrantless search of his property.”

Brault had previously been accused in a lawsuit filed by the town of Hartland of feeding bears in violation of town ordinances. Brault is a part-owner of Nature Havens, which asked guests to pay a fee for the chance of seeing wildlife, including bears.

2 Likes
4 Likes

:musical_note: Met him on a Monday and my heart stood still,
A-touron-ron-ron, A-touron-ron :notes:

Thanks @milliefink , yoinking that word!

4 Likes

5 Likes

When I was nine, my parents booked helicopter flights over the Grand Canyon for our family of seven. It was one of the two most memorable family trips we had (pack trip in Mineral King was the other).

But god. As someone who doesn’t get wigged out with heights, my body gets super uncomfortable–almost in panic mode–when I look at that photo.

10 Likes

Right?

Come on, people!

(That does sound like a nice trip you had. Something you’ll never forget!)

5 Likes