In Yellowstone, human interference leads to a baby bison's death

Originally published at: In Yellowstone, human interference leads to a baby bison's death | Boing Boing

2 Likes

“As the calf struggled, the man pushed the calf up from the river and onto the roadway” Sounds like this calf died due to ignorance and not malice… if that’s worth anything these days. It would never ever have occurred to me to get involved in something like this. Those Yellowstone Rangers do not play around.

10 Likes

yeah, this person was trying to help, not being a self-absorbed jerk. i think this is sad. poor little buffalo :pleading_face:

12 Likes

chalk up another Attack of the Tourons

2 Likes

I had to research this joke to get it. Apprently it only works if you pronounce bison with a specific accent.

In other words…

Poor little creature, sounds like the guy was trying to save it in the first place. Jeez though, I’m starting to feel sanctimonious about never going to Yellowstone. I just hate camping and have illnesses that aren’t very “trail friendly” but I feel like I’m really doing something good for nature by not seeking experiences with non-urban lifeforms.

3 Likes

In Yellowstone there are so many people, instructions, and signs trying to get visitors to stop doing things like this that it takes effort to remain that ignorant. I was there two weeks ago. And yet, things about as bad as this happen so often.

5 Likes

I was there a very long time ago. There are lots of things that are more tourist accessible…stop here, follow this path, check out these geysers or paint pots or so on, without running into many animals beyond humans and maybe curious squirrels.

2 Likes

Won’t anyone think of the fishes? Fish, flies, and bacteria have to eat too you know. What an absolute turon that guy was. Where did he think he was; In a petting zoo?

You can’t roller skate in a buffalo herd
But you can be happy if you’ve a mind to

Yep. Always read your documentation when visiting. Especially a place like Yellowstone. Dude messed up, bigly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.