Tourists put baby elk in their car and take it for a drive at Yellowstone National Park

Originally published at: Tourists put baby elk in their car and take it for a drive at Yellowstone National Park | Boing Boing

1 Like

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

13 Likes

When I hear about stories like this, I have to wonder; is it ignorance? Intoxication? Bull-headed stupidity?
An education about nature learned only from Disney cartoons?

Leave the animals be. Very simple, and yet…

7 Likes

Miranda Cosgrove Nickelodeon GIF by Paramount+

6 Likes

Touch animals at a national park, instant ban.

You can get out of the ban if you can ride a rabid moose.

5 Likes

“moose bites can be very dangerous”

9 Likes

True. A moose bit my sister once.

7 Likes

I continually wonder how people can be so profoundly ignorant about wildlife. I don’t remember where I learned such basic morals as “don’t kidnap baby animals”, it feels like I’ve always known them. I can only assume school. So maybe these folks were home-schooled. The Christian variety of home schooling with its message of “animals exist solely for humans to exploit” and its fanciful story of Noah’s ark lends itself well to this flavor of dumbassery, but with so little of the natural world remaining at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if education in biology and ecology is being given lower priority in general.

4 Likes

Could it be something to do with modern urban humans being totally divorced from nature?

4 Likes

On the internet no one knows I’m a moose. I can’t believe these turons are abusing our National Pahks this way. If I wanted to watch stupidity I’d just watch FauxNews.

3 Likes

Co-boing: Yellowstone visitors, please don't pick up baby wild animals and drive them around | Boing Boing

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.