It's salmon season on this live Alaskan bear cam

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/25/its-salmon-season-on-this-li.html

2 Likes

Damn I love me some fresh salmon. It’s the one breakfast food that Norwegians, Jewish people and grizzly bears can always agree on.

8 Likes

“A Norwegian, a Jew and a grizzly walk into a bar, …”

8 Likes

“Bear Season!”

• Sammy Salmon.
2 Likes

To be fair, it’s not nearly so relaxing for the salmon.

3 Likes

Follow the article link – don’t just search for ‘bear salmon fishing’…

6 Likes

They were on their way to die anyway. So from their point of view this isn’t “mass murder” so much as “cloaca-blocking.”

5 Likes

Just wanted to say that “Live Alaskan Bear Cam” would be a great name for a band. Can’t wait for “Live Alaskan Bear Cam Live At Budokan” to drop.

7 Likes

If anything, that is worse!

Aaaaaaaahhhh there are totally bears there right now :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Any guesses on the temperature of that water?

That guy isn’t a bear…

2 Likes

We’ve a thread for that…Please go update it:

(also, it should be a queer core band with bears).

4 Likes

It’s a bear dance!!

1 Like

Ya, but couldn’t find a very apt pic…

3 Likes

One of my favorite highlight clips from this year was a cub sliding down the falls.

3 Likes

I LOVE explore.org. Their mission is “to champion the selfless acts of others, create a portal into the soul of humanity and inspire lifelong learning.” It’s a little woo, but I still love it. I am partial to the walrus, but the bears are good too.

1 Like

Explore is kind of the opposite of “woo”. Their entire mission is to document nature, nonprofit work, science, and social improvement. Their mission statement says “We like to think of ourselves as Sesame Street for adults.”

2 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, I am a huge fan of explore.org. The wording of the mission makes me smile. Something about the portal.