Itty bitty adorable jars of Nutella

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/08/itty-bitty-adorable-jars-of-nu.html

1 Like

This is good news for those who are addicted to the stuff and could easily scarf down half of a 500g jar in a sitting.

Of course, the dealers have to break it down from the wholesale suppliers higher up the chain…

6 Likes

I know the actual jar is made of glass but the plastic lids and the energy used to make the tiny jars sound like an ecological irresponsibility.

9 Likes

“What are these, jars for ants!?

Well, actually…

3 Likes

i-regret-no-nutella

10 Likes

The great thing about glass jars like this is that they are excellent for re-using and re-purposing. Unlike plastic jars which are difficult to clean and re-use and often break down over time leading to them quickly going to the landfill, glass jars are essentially infinitely re-usable.

1 Like

That tiny jar is about how much I can eat. Anybody else want the other 15 jars?

Nope, think big… https://www.costco.com/.product.100401363.html

(16) x 25 grams = 400 grams for 15 dollars…

…instead of 750 grams for about seven dollars?

If this is sponsored content it should be labelled as such.

You could just get a bigger jar and still send Amazon the extra money as charity (I’m sure they need it), or just burn it.

3 Likes

Nutella is already an ecological disaster. They still use palm oil, the production of which is responsible for tons of rainforest clearing.

5 Likes

Great news for those who want to accelerate the pace at which we dump plastic into the environment, grow the Pacific garbage patch, and elevate the average burden of plastic in human bodies!

2 Likes

I’m confused… the jars are glass, yeah?

The caps are plastic, ya?

3 Likes

You can also get little single serving bottles of tabasco sauce. World Market usually keeps them in stock.

And another product I used when packing lunch is a little plastic soy sauce containers.

I’m going to install a nutella pump

2 Likes

yay to more packaging? :thinking:

I see these all the time in home decorating stores, and thought the only purpose of these small jars was to include as a gift, or to be used as a sort of bow ersatz on a present. The only reason I can think of getting a box of them is if you are hosting, say, a birthday party and want to give each little kid one to take home. A Nutella version of the cheap plastic toy, or the obligatory candy bar.

And for the record, I do not like Nutella. I don’t hate it, I just have no desire for it. Kind of like how I feel about cheese when I am back Stateside.