Put Nutella on everything

[Read the post]

1 Like

Put Nutella in everything!
Nutella Banana Tarte Tatin w/Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pumpkin Seed Hazelnut Crunch.
Salted Caramel Mocha + Nutella Brownies.
Cinnamon Sugar Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts.
The Nutella Taste Test: We Tried Every Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread and Ranked Them — Taste Test | The Kitchn
Recipe: Dairy-Free Nutella — Homemade Gift Recipes from The Kitchn | The Kitchn
Recipe: Sweet Nutella Puffs — Recipes from The Kitchn | The Kitchn
You Guys, Here Is Nutella Cheesecake Mousse — Delicious Links | The Kitchn
Peanut Butter Nutella Bacon Pie
Double Chocolate Nutella Carrot Cake Cups with Malted Cream Cheese Frosting.
Make Powdered Nutella for Snack and Dessert Toppings with Maltodextrin
Here’s how I made my own nutella - GIF on Imgur
An Ingenious Trick for Making Perfect Nutella-Stuffed Pancakes — Delicious Links | The Kitchn
How To Make 2-Ingredient Nutella Brownies - Recipe | The Kitchn
Salted Pretzel Nutella Fudge Milkshake with Malted Milk Whipped Cream.
Yummy In My Tumbly | Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
Yummy In My Tumbly | Malted Nutella and Biscoff Brownie Torte

2 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of this -

4 Likes

Just look at it.

4 Likes

Why did I click that, why?

3 Likes

Cookie Butter > Nutella.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Hang about, he’s got Nutella, but he keeps calling it New-Tella. Is that an American thing?
I’ve always heard it pronounced Nut-(t)ella (perhaps more closely “nuh-tella”), I can see how you’d get new-tella from the name but surely the hazelnut provenance requires pronouncing the “nut” bit.

2 Likes

I was just having this strange desire to dip tortilla chips in Nutella. I haven’t actually tried it yet. Sweet+salty!

I’m sure Nutella Donuts are nice enough, but I have no idea why Melbourne is obsessed with them at the moment. It’s not that shocking of an innovation.

It’s not at the Cronut level of food novelty.

Nutella is unfortunately made with palm oil, which is an ecological disaster. Most of it’s grown in cut-down rainforests in Indonesia, endangering orangutans, tigers, and rhinos, though some is grown in Africa. (You’ll also find it in most fried packaged ramen, because it’s cheap and readily available to Asian food manufacturers.)

It’s not hard to make your own - toasted hazelnuts, cocoa, sugar, and some kind of fat in a blender or food processor. Some recipes I’ve seen use coconut oil, which is similar in texture to palm oil, some use hazelnut oil or other nut oils like sunflower, and some use dairy products (which tend to require cooking to get the texture to work, rather than just blending.)

4 Likes

Hi, I’m from the American West. I don’t hear that word every day, but when, say, Mrs. slybevel says it, it’s “New-Telluh”.

And, Howdy! I guess.

3 Likes

Especially after Ségolène Royal’s little stunt that was the outrage of the week some time ago, but things are a bit more complicated when it comes to Ferrero.

Yes, Nutella contains palm oil and there are potential problems with that. However palm oil is extremely commonly used in the food industry and Ferrero is actually unusually active in promoting standards for sustainable palm oil production. Not to mention that part of the reason why palm oil is so popular is that is it is a very efficient crop. The usual go-to substitute is lower yield coconut oil. So you have to be careful that you don’t actually make things worse.

Both Greenpeace and the WWF came down against the boycott because it would hit one of the comparative good guys in the palm oil business.

6 Likes

I recently heard that in manufacturing Nutella, Ferraro uses one quarter of the world’s hazelnut supply.

I’m not in a position to check that right now, anyone know if it’s true?

1 Like

yep.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Snip:

Ferrero, the Piedmont-based company that makes Ferrero Rocher and Nutella, the cocoa and hazelnut spread, will also be watching the market closely. Ferrero is the world’s biggest buyer of hazelnuts, using 25% of the world’s supply and making 180m kg of the spread every year, according to the Italian Trade Agency.

It’s especially good on a baby if that baby has already been covered in peanut butter.

3 Likes

#NotAllNutellas

2 Likes

I’m in the american east, and “new-tella” is the common pronunciation here.

2 Likes

4 tablespoons self-rising flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Mix ingredients in large coffee mug, microwave 90 seconds, grab a spoon and optional whipped cream and enjoy a lava cake.

3 Likes