Ivanka Trump closes her fashion brand

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/24/ivanka-trump-closes-her-fashio.html

5 Likes

A) Cool story, sis.

B) The phrase “serving her father” has such an automatic skeevy-ass insinuation, due to the man’s disturbing fixation on his own daughter’s physical appearance.

37 Likes

Yeah, that would be a first for this clusterfuck of greedheads. Conflict of interest is their whole business strategy.

19 Likes

This is as close as she’s going to come to admitting that her family name is now a poisonous brand in much of the world.

24 Likes

Makes me wonder if she actually shut it down because she and Jared now have so many other ways of making much, much more money. Maybe the relatively small income to be made from a fashion brand was no longer worth the bother.

31 Likes

Yep; no matter how it’s being spun, her business was losing money.

Before it’s all said and done, their last name will be one of the most reviled in the world.

They’re already well on their way to that point…

21 Likes

Ivanka Trump closes her fashion brand

tumblr_pcbotl6BaU1wgo4dwo1_500

8 Likes

She REALLY is a trump after all. I had my doubts due to the whole face pretty thing, but trump confirmed.

3 Likes

The phrase “serving her father” has such an automatic skeevy-ass insinuation, due to the man’s disturbing fixation on his daughter’s own appearance.

tumblr_nhu1uuWDCG1s3h43ko1_r1_500

13 Likes

‘A spokesperson said the decision has nothing to do with sales. Ms. Trump simply wants to avoid a conflict of interest while serving her father in the White House.’

Uh huh - you get round to thinking about conflicts of interest 18 months after he slimed his way into the White House.

27 Likes

ha conflict of interest, like even an ounce of morals exists around there

think about the level of nepotism in this white-house and how it’s not pointed out every single day, there is no way any previous administration has come even close

and remember, nothing they own is in a blind trust, they can manipulate the creation of laws and regulations to help their businesses profit

I feel like the attempted impeachment will be pointless but it needs to be done to properly soil the trump brand for what they’ve done

5 Likes

This is the real story. The media needs to make a footnote about the brand closing and deep dive into the nefarious deals they’re likely striking in the dark corners when they’re traveling all over the world on our dime.

10 Likes

Has she really, or just changed the name, again, so people don’t figure it out?

5 Likes

Now where am I going to buy gold-plated pantyhose?!?!

4 Likes

“I am shocked, shocked to find conflicts of interest going on here!”

“Your nepotism, madame”

6 Likes

*Ivanka Trump™-brand Gold-Plated Pantyhose(r) may not contain real gold. Manufactured in beautiful, regulation-free Ruritanistan. Pleas help me i am trepped in a faktory.

7 Likes

Just think of all those hardworking American clothing manufacturers who will now be out of a jo–

Oh, right.

16 Likes

That would be wonderful. I was just recently thinking about how everyone with the family name of “Quisling” has to carry around the baggage of what Vidkun Quisling did. In this case there’s more than one person that deserves to be shamed (so the collateral damage is more forgivable). So if we could not just get the name reviled, but to actually mean something both distasteful and accurate, that would be the best.
(And there are so many things it could represent: being self-serving, treasonous, racist, narcissistic, lacking any moral core, idiotic and incompetent, spectacularly corrupt…)

Sounds like it’s an actual closure, with layoffs and everything.

9 Likes

I read about the notice going out to her now unemployed workers; this does not seem to be the usual ‘repackaging’ scam.

4 Likes

“At least my last name isn’t ‘Trump’!”
—Everyone with the surname “Santorum”

17 Likes