J.K. Rowling claims Nazis didn't burn trans books, issues lawsuit threat when called a holocaust denier

Dolly Wells Shut Up GIF by Room104

10 Likes

Radical, Reactionary - either way they’re FARTs.

8 Likes

No, they believe that we are fetishists.

Somehow the people who think about trans peoples genitals more than trans people do are not fetishists, and are just concerned citizens, for some reason.

18 Likes

I’m late to the drama, but I just wanted to address one point, because it came up here and because Rowling made the same claim. That Magnus Hirschfeld was a eugenicist. While he did express that he thought alcoholics and other people with mental illnesses shouldn’t reproduce, and we know that opinion today is pretty reprehensible, unlike the full blown eugenics advocates of his day, he absolutely did not support eugenics based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Quite the opposite. He rejected the idea that certain races or ethnicities were inferior. He advocated for the decriminalization of homosexuality, to the detriment of his own career, and he, obviously, opened a clinic for trans people. And the views he had on the mentally ill were not a major part of his work or advocacy. Also, unfortunately, those views were pretty common, even among otherwise progressive minded people, at the time. In fact, one of Rowling’s personal heroes, Emmaline Pankhurst, was also a eugenicist, except she did advocate for eugenics based on race. So Rowling and anyone else making that argument about Hirschfeld can fuck right off with that bullshit.

33 Likes
16 Likes

I’m always amazed by the sheer amount of effort involved.

It’s not a huge surprise to find that someone has positions that a podium does little to improve; but there’s a baffling level of dedication to shoving your nose to the grindstone of fighting with internet randos about it and constantly re-igniting controversy in spite of limited public attention spans when you’ve got the option of just walking away and enjoying your functionally unlimited resources without the hassle.

10 Likes

She can’t get herself cancelled like the other cool* kids. Her credibility is suffering with the reactionary types.

* Like most of the cool kids at school, in hindsight you realise that most of them were arseholes. The truly cool kids were secure enough that they could be friends with people not like them.

19 Likes

Fucking A; that asshat is rich and famous, so why the fuck is she so hellbent on being perpetually hateful to people she doesn’t even know who didn’t do a damn thing to her?

25 Likes

Famous for something positive, even, which she has been working very hard to change. Maybe she got bitten by a radioactive Nazi at a science experiment.

18 Likes

I hear David Irving is too old and sick to go on tour anymore; Joanie could take up his mantle.
She’s considerably more than halfway there anyway.

7 Likes

Please please, George Lucas, just… be normal. Or just keep it to yourself if you’re not.

What is ironic was her original tweet said “I just… how? How did you type this out and press send without thinking ‘I should maybe check my source for this, because it might’ve been a fever dream’?”

Like, take your own advice?

9 Likes

Heres some more from the genocide prevention organisations.

Although Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex (LGBTQI+) people are not a protected group under the Genocide Convention, Raphael Lemkin’s definition of genocide recognizes their intentional destruction as genocide. Nazis rounded up LGBTQI+ people and sent them to the same death camps as Jews. Genocide Watch believes that Lemkin was right to include their destruction as genocide. Cultural or state-led killings of gay people constitute Stage 9: Extermination in Genocide Watch’s Ten Stages of Genocide.

Raphael Lemkin’s definition of genocide was very watered down by the time the UN recognised it, and that is the definition that the TERs are dictionary lawyering with.

Remember that genocide does not start with death camps, it finishes with them.

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.