J.K. Rowling claims Nazis didn't burn trans books, issues lawsuit threat when called a holocaust denier

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/14/j-k-rowling-claims-nazis-didnt-burn-trans-books-issues-lawsuit-threat-when-called-a-holocaust-denier.html

14 Likes

What a giant PieceOf.

12 Likes

It is almost unheard of for anyone to become a billionaire without screwing over countless people on the way up the income ladder, yet Rowling managed to do it while maintaining a remarkably positive public image.

All the more incredible that she would choose to spend her post-Harry Potter years pissing away all that public goodwill just to dehumanize trans people.

44 Likes

Also, the Dril Prediction Tweet:

Edit: Oops looks like it was an edit about some other Nazi. Still.

8 Likes

She seemed nice.

8 Likes

TERFism seems to inevitably end up becoming full-on homophobia, racism, and sexism, and then finally Nazism.

And there’s only one good kind of Nazi.

19 Likes

The reformed kind, who have fully accepted the wrongness of their ideas, and now work towards making the world a better place for everyone? :hugs:

16 Likes

(Hesitant to post Norton’s face because my wife went out on a dbl date with him and his cousin way back. It still stings.)

7 Likes

That would not, then, be a Nazi. Just sayin’.

14 Likes

That would have been my history teacher in middle grade.

10 Likes

It’s the story behind the most famous photo of a book burning, and yet…

11 Likes

Not surprising, and I can’t say it’s disappointing because that implies that I expect anything better from Petunia.

These should explain why.

15 Likes

The signs were there before the mask fully came off. She was known for taking political disagreement badly well before she went on the anti-trans rampage.

9 Likes

What this really boils down to, regardless of what Rowling says, is that she doesn’t believe being transgender is a thing. She thinks we are all delusional, and confused homosexuals who are so ashamed of being gay that we have invented the idea that we are actually a different gender. So, if you believe that trans people don’t actually exist, of course you don’t believe that the Nazis burned books about trans people or persecuted trans people. Not only that, but you then have to believe that anyone who actually affirms a trans person’s identity actually hates gay people and is practicing eugenics by sterilizing them. This is what she believes. She’s smart enough to not directly spell it out in those terms, but that’s what she believes. So trans people are delusional and sick, and the doctors who treat them are the real Nazis.

32 Likes

That’s common behaviour for the genocidal. Just ask the Kurds, Palestinians, Armenians, Uyghurs…

And yes, what she is doing is genocidal. Genocidewatch and The Lemkin Institute for Genocide Prevention agree on this, and I trust them more than the TERs.

We are undeniably up to stage six of the ten stages of genocide in both the UK and the US, and there are clear attempts to do the rest. The Republicans are working on stage seven, Preparation. This is why Florida is a no-go area for trans people.

24 Likes

They’re out there, and thank all the gods they exist, no matter how rare they are…

11 Likes

Ed Norton dated his cousin?

4 Likes

I think you mean “Feminism-Appropriating Radical Transphobes.”

16 Likes

And so I guess the trans people who are attracted to the same sex must be confused by how ashamed they are of actually being straight? I mean, I can kind of see that last part…enough cis straight people are being horrible that I kind of wish I could say I wasn’t one of them… :face_exhaling:

14 Likes

hulk smash GIF

These bastards are in no way radical. The correct word is Reactionary, as in Transgender Eliminationist Reactionaries.

19 Likes