Hogwarts' self-appointed professor of Defense Against Gender Studies beefs with actors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/11/hogwarts-self-appointed-professor-of-defense-against-gender-studies-beefs-with-actors.html

8 Likes

tom cruise projector GIF

Amber Riley Tea GIF

35 Likes

Pretty sure even before she took a dive off the nutjob cliff that most people associated Harry Potter more closely with Daniel and Emma than her.

Thankfully, to the best of my current knowledge, they seem to be doing good things, especially Emma.

27 Likes

I don’t know which part of her story is more amazing; that she became one of the few people in history to claw their way out of poverty to become a famous billionaire without fucking over countless people along the way or that she chose to throw away decades of public goodwill just to defend bigotry on Twitter.

It’s like she’s got a reverse-Snape character arc or something.

43 Likes

[looks at the neoNazis and other reactionary anti-feminists she’s cozied up to]

13 Likes

Based on some of the projects he’s done recently, Daniel Radcliffe seems to be doing whatever the hell he wants, the weirder the better.

30 Likes

She’s making up for lost time in the ‘fucking over countless people’ department by doing it retroactively. :angry:

And I approve that wholeheartedly.

22 Likes

cwaa
Yeah, one that just won’t stop spewing bigotry.

22 Likes

Every time I see her I’m reminded of my sister. While not aggressively TERFy like Rowling, she passively sees things from a similar perspective, viewing trans women as threats to “real” women and assuming their gender identity is some kind of sexual fetish, while pretty much denying the existence of trans men. She’s been badly abused by predatory men in her life and treated rudely by a couple trans women (and not because of her beliefs, they were just jerks), so everything in her personal experience, in her eyes, just validates her beliefs.

I’m not sure how to change her mind- she has a pretty sizeable ego, so when someone of a certain group treats her badly personally, she tends to decide that everyone in that group is bad and must pay forever. A single instance with some toxic Bernie bros turned her against Bernie Sanders to the point where she still lays 100% of the blame for Trump’s victory at his feet.

15 Likes

Not sure there is any changing her mind. Any person who will write off a huge and varied group of people probably isn’t someone prone to introspection or reconsideration
You can only control how you react to her bigotry.

18 Likes

Here we go again.

Had she just been sensible enough to take the money and go on holiday for the rest of her life, then she would have been well-beloved to this day. Heck, she’s be lauded for the money she’s given to medical research.

But No- she had to turn her life into being a megaphone for shitty political opinions, and yelling at people who disagreed with her on Twitter. She chose poorly.

23 Likes

She wants to be a victim soooo badly.

“waiting for Dan and Emma to give you a very public apology”

Don’t hold your breath! From what I’ve seen of Dan and Emma, they are booth cool, supportive people. of LGTBQ+. (Hopefully I am not wrong about that.)

17 Likes

It looks like your assessment of Dan and Emma are spot on, and that Rowling is taking issue with that.

11 Likes

aww… Rupert Grint is always denied his opportunity to call someone so deserving a “right foul git”

16 Likes

We should all pronounce “Xitter” like it should be pronounced – “shitter”.

11 Likes

32 Likes

I always do, and in fact, I’m currently in a place where it’s especially easy to do so.

Arrested Development Flirt GIF

13 Likes

I thought we all were? It’s just too suitable. A place for the accumulation of shit

Fx Networks Manager GIF by Reservation Dogs

10 Likes

“forcing us to wonder why she is still relevant”

I’m not the one using my platform to give her attention.

9 Likes