J.K. Rowling: Dumbledore and Grindenwald had ‘Incredibly Intense' sexual relationship

Maybe JK Rowling could team up with Dr Chuck Tingle for a Dumbledore/Grindenwald book?

4 Likes

Well, here’s a scene that’s inspired more than a few fanfics:

2166e891636c443fab058f3309b9941a90b3d816_hq
Allthough, admittedly, it came totally out of left field in the context of the story.

7 Likes

I think it is interesting to note that Rowling is arguably creating her own Silmarillion with that Pottermore website. Except it’s not just an sprawling encyclopedia of irrelevant backstory, but also a sort of interactive alternate reality game for the superfans.

And it is also interesting to note that the fandom is still debating how to parse this. Is Pottermore “canon”? Are JK’s tweets canon? What about the displays at the Universal Studios theme parks? Get a couple of nerds together in the same room, start up the discussion, and you’ll see more sparks flying than in a Star Wars vs Star Trek grudge match.

8 Likes

I look forward to this fact being an interesting side quest to the upcoming Harry Potter Pokémon go game.

3 Likes

Combine that with the number of churches on Niantic’s maps, including anti-LGBT+ ones, and it could get interesting.

Friendship is Magical!

6 Likes

Can you imagine the outcry if a muggle school had as many student deaths as Hogwarts?

6 Likes

I’m on board with combining Pokémon Go and/or geocaching with protesting.

5 Likes

“It is too early to discuss Wand Control”, the National Wand Association.

13 Likes

That’s 1 , real dark. :wink:

4 Likes

Shirley Henderson? I’d be down with that. :eggplant: :ghost:

2 Likes

The big deal is that J.K. Rowling has claimed for years that Dumbledore is gay and yet we never see anything come of it. Dumbledore and Grindlewald were totally super gay together guys, trust me. You’ll never see anything of their relationship in the movie even in a romantic-but-not-sexual way, there will be nothing to indicate that Dumbledore is gay in the movies, but he’s totally gay, trust me. Some people view it as a cheap way to appeal to lgbt fans because she’s trying to have it both ways: claiming that there’s representation without actually making it happen.

9 Likes

I totally agree, but that wasn’t the issue I brought up. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

to be fair this is supposed to be a uk boarding school…

1 Like

yeah i suspect that if there’s mirrors that can detect you don’t want to use the powerful philosopher’s sorcerer’s stone, they can tell if you genuinely feel you’re the gender of the bathroom you want to enter

1 Like

I still question if she stole the entire thing.

Yeah but she only revealed he was gay in response to a fan question about whether he had ever experienced romantic love, so it’s not like she was holding him up as an example of LGBT representation in her books.

7 Likes

To be fair this is supposed to be a UK boarding school

8 Likes

Hasn’t she had a recurring problem with revisionism over other things, too? Like that Hermione may have been black, or that Johnny Depp was a decent person?

6 Likes

I’ll give you a hint: in the slashfic version the One Ring isn’t worn on a finger.

8 Likes

So, I’ve just read-up on who this Grindelwald is. He appears to be the Magneto character?

4 Likes