Ja Rule on the Fyre Festival debacle: “False advertising, maybe — not fraud.”

One is Fraud…the other is “alternate facts”!

TQQdles™

Or the grift that keeps on grifting

2 Likes

They will probably be appointed to fill some of the vacant posts in the administration…

1 Like

This is how con men operate. I guarantee this guy has not personally missed a meal or had his electricity turned off in his apartment/house. But he pulled a ton of others into his shenanigans and now they are screwed.
What’s funny is that tropical, destination music festivals are already a thing and make money. If they had wanted to have one, they could have probably partnered with a resort somewhere in a place that already actually HAS infrastructure and then did whatever silliness necessary to make it sound exclusive and super neato and charged people way more than necessary - and thus make a bunch of money.
But they went the con man route and fucked up this time. This McFarland guy is so obviously a huckster, it’s almost funny.

1 Like

Can Ja Rule just please go back under whatever long-forgotten rock he’s been living beneath for the past decade?

3 Likes

Or schadenfraude?

3 Likes

Trump has been elected president. We have lost all right to be surprised at the number of gullible marks in this country.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m not surprised at all. And likely nothing will happen to this twit, either…

You said it best. It kills me that somehow he’ll come out on top and use this failure to successfully pry money from investors for his next pipe dream.

1 Like

Maybe marrying into the natives as well

1 Like

Is anything open to do with events or tourism?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.