Jacob Blake has '8 holes' in body and was paralyzed by police shooting in Wisconsin, says his dad

Your conversation, while tangentially related, is starting to veer off topic; shooting to kill vs shooting to wound, vs bad police training here or abroad is another matter.

The topic at hand is Jacob Blake and the fact that he was shot by LEOs at least 8 times.

Say his name.

10 Likes

Ok, fair enough. But trying to tie back to the topic at hand, I do believe that bad police training (and specifically the insane “warrior” training that many American police go through) may have partially contributed to that officer’s mindset when he attempted to murder Jacob Blake. Some of that training essentially tells LEOs that it’s their duty to murder people. Even if that somehow doesn’t make bad officers more likely to kill than they otherwise would be, it certainly may have the effect of weeding out would-be officers who are less trigger-happy.

1 Like

Anyone who isn’t White, rich and powerful?

Yep.

10 Likes

With his back turned.

8 Likes

In front of his three small children.

9 Likes

Butbutbut, he had a knife in his possession! No, he did not take it out, no, he did not threaten anyone with it, no, they did not even realize he had it until much later. But he was a black man who had a knife! The “he’s no angel” shit was a little slow to start up, but here it comes.

6 Likes

Of course; gotta make those bullshit excuses & justifications.

Only this time the victim lived.

7 Likes

Ok, I admit it, even with systematic racism being as bad as it is, and all the similar events that have been happening for the whole history of this country, I was still shocked to see just how much deference the Kenosha police gave to the 17 year-old AR-15-toting murderer, both before and after the murders. My god, per the video he apparently even tried to surrender and they told him to go home. Even though he was a fascist super fan of the cops I think maybe even he didn’t expect to be treated so well.

7 Likes

Odds that lacking this video it would have gone down as “unsolvable?”

7 Likes

Sadly, I wasn’t.

8 Likes

Posted by a Chicago-area Facebook group for police and their supporters. No amount of training could fix what is wrong with these people.

10 Likes

Oh I’m sure they would have found someone of the appropriate hue in the crowd of demonstrators that they could have pinned it on.

1 Like

“It’s a mystery how he managed to get by the security checkpoints…”

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEcnEeYJvXV/?igshid=qiu4ykrja2go

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.