Jacques Pépin makes a delicious fried egg

One thing I can’t appreciate enough about Pepin in this video is how much he makes a point of saying, “This is the way I like it” rather than “this is the right way”. It’s refreshingly humble for a big-name chef.

5 Likes

Maybe he’s got one with some legal advice… :grin:

You ought to see him make puff pastry, then! https://jp.foundation/video/making-and-working-with-puff-pastry

2 Likes

Thanks for the video! :relaxed:

1 Like

A very good method from a great chef.
And how you like your egg is a matter of timing.
I did not have very much butter one morning when frying an egg and poured in oil from a small bottle of anchovies.
Yep.
I will use whatever I have to make a meal.
I can’t say I have had an egg as you described it Mark, but I did have a bacon grease fire once as I was frying an egg and it did come out much as you described it.

2 Likes

Try a very low temperature with a fair amount of olive oil. Almost poaching!

Same, if you don’t like uncooked white then use a lid or cook fast with a lot of butter and/or oil. Eggs are the simplest most everyday thing for many people around the world but can be the hardest to master. Slow or fast… the Julia Child’s classic French omelette is only 18 to 20 seconds in the pan. Julia is one of the best cooking educators because she explains every detail… perfectly encapsulates a certain time in French cooking techniques (properly) and is hilariously funny!

2 Likes

Great minds think alike:

And if you want more than just an egg, throw a crispy egg into:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.