James Dean, dead for 65 years, will star in a new movie

Imagine the damage Ed Wood could do with this if he was still around…

8 Likes

Glad a white man finally gets a chance to shine, even given his moderate handicap.

12 Likes

kind of shocked to learn that Dean only made 3 movies before he died. Who knew. Guess i should netflix those or something.

4 Likes

He died in September 1955, which is 64 years ago.

2 Likes

Agreed.
What this really means is that all the living actors turned down the script and they were desperate.

It has marketing gimmick written all over it

4 Likes

So by the time he would have been able to make a film about Vietnam, he would be about as old as he played in the last half of the film Giant (my vote for his best role)

James%20dean%20old

4 Likes

He had the “advantage” of dying young, so he remains young.

It can be weird. Jack Kerouac died fifty years ago last month. He was 47. But he was born the year before my mother, hard to imagine a Beat being so old.

6 Likes

Indeed, though it does happen.

10 Likes

this sounds more like they need a new casting director than an actor. there’s gotta be plenty of actors in the world who could play this part.

4 Likes

I have a feeling this is more about creating buzz and maybe saving money. It’s not like there’s a dearth of talented actors out there that aren’t, you know, dead.

5 Likes

Fuck it. If they’re gonna go forward with this and set the precedent and all, then I say: BRING BACK BELA LUGOSI NOW!

12 Likes

Yep, they’re all worth checking out. “East of Eden”, “Rebel Without a Cause” and “Giant”. My favorite was “East of Eden”. If you watch “Giant” look for a young Dennis Hopper.

9 Likes

Yep! And he’s in “Rebel” too.

Or wait – IS he in “Giant”?

7 Likes

Yes. Hopper plays Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor’s grown son. In fact I think its the back of his head in the picture I posted of James Dean in age makeup.

7 Likes

Most news-outlet headlines are doing the same creepy thing with their headlines.

It’s not James Dean that will star in a new movie. it’s “James Dean”.

4 Likes

Paramedic, “You have no pulse, blood pressure is zero over zero, you have no pupillary response, no reflexes. Your temperature is 70 degrees.”

James Dean, “What does that mean?”

Paramedic, “Well, it’s a puzzle, because technically you’re not alive; except you’re conscious, so we don’t know what it means.”

James Dean, “You’re saying I’m dead?”

Paramedic: “Don’t jump to conclusions. Obviously, I didn’t mean you were really dead. Dead people don’t move around and talk.”

@tuhu

4 Likes

Fuck the article, I came for the comments. Best of the interwebs: clever humans.

10 Likes

Welcome aboard, comrade.

5 Likes

Since he died in a car crash, even if he could be revived now, he’d lack that movie star face.

4 Likes

This is a bad headline. James Dean will not be starring in anything, as he is dead. Perhaps “New movie, desperate for attention, decides to use dead-eyed CGI simulcra of Boomer-Fetish-Necro-Totem.”

11 Likes