James Gunn gives the green light for monkeys in future DC movies

Originally published at: James Gunn gives the green light for monkeys in future DC movies | Boing Boing

3 Likes

At first I was thinking the article was going to be about these guys making a cameo, as they had already appeared with Batman.

https://monkeestv.tripod.com/BatMonkee/

14 Likes

Pretty sure Monsieur Mallah appeared on Doom Patrol already, which is a DC property. But, I guess that’s not a movie, so… doesn’t count?

5 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

Grodd was a regular fixture on The Flash

UltraHumanite was just featured on Stargirl

I guess TV doesn’t count at all.

5 Likes

Nooooo - I am not big on apes and monkeys. I know, Gorilla Grod is fairly well known villain, but still…

3 Likes

Apes are not monkeys.

5 Likes

Which is why I assume this guy is about to get a big budget, grimdark movie of his own.

8 Likes

Yeah, what everyone really wants to know is if there will be a Detective Chimp movie!

Well, I’ll be a monkey’s great ape’s uncle.

3 Likes

Detective Chimp will be a supernatural police procedural series. Which I just sort of realized describes the typical Supernatural episode.

3 Likes

Cornelius would kick your ass if you called him that.
planet of the apes ari GIF

4 Likes

5 Likes

I think the rule was specifically for gorillas.

Which is why poor Jimmy Olsen had his consciousness swapped with that of a gorilla on two separate occasions…

And spent a lot of time just socializing with gorillas in general…

And occasionally even directed gorillas…

Come to think of it, maybe the rule was actually “a gorilla comic will sell as long as you put a Jimmy Olsen on the cover.”

4 Likes

Yeah, those characters don’t excite me either. That said, other than the first Wonder Woman movie, I don’t think I’ve really liked any of the DC movies other than some of the Batman ones. The old Superman movies have some nostalgia and camp value, but the newer ones never clicked for me.

2 Likes

Apes in Space

1 Like

Davy Jones Mike Nesmith GIF by The Monkees

3 Likes

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

4 Likes

The Aquaman and Shazam movies are fun, and pretty out of step with the rest of the movies tone-wise

3 Likes
3 Likes