James O'Keefe caught trying to bribe protesters to riot at Trump inauguration

This is one of those moments when IT MIGHT HAVE GONE DIFFERENTLY.

Consider the Fox News headline if Maas hadn’t been taped and exposed. “PROTESTORS PLAN VIOLENT SHUTDOWN OF PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION.”

1 Like

Its still there. Though it seems like it was limited down to only cover attempts to make war on the US government. The history of the current law is still pretty ignoble, the wording is still vague, it doesn’t look particularly well tested in the courts. So I’m sure Herr Drumpf won’t be interested in using it at all.

3 Likes

There’s a term for this that dates back to the 70’s and Watergate era…

17 Likes

I would not want to invite bad Karma, therefore I would not love to see pictures of a roadkill involving James O’keefe

• Christ, What An Asshole!
  • Late Stage Capitalism

0 voters

3 Likes

Old news.

It’s not like possible anarchist disruptions haven’t already been reported:

Nov. - http://dailyinfo.co/anarchists-are-planning-a-violent-disruption-of-inauguration-day/

Several days ago - Anarchists threaten to disrupt inauguration - WTOP News

Remember Trump has the best private security. The best.

The best disruption will be the arrival of that fucking meteor I voted for…

4 Likes

One more reason 2016 sucked so bad is it didn’t take enough people like this with it.

6 Likes

14 Likes

Because everybody that voted would have voted for both?

5 Likes

According to Ice-T he pulled the track “Cop Killer” because he was told by his record company lawyers that there were moves afoot to charge him with sedition. That might, of course, by rap hyperbole. :wink:

1 Like

It’s mystifying that they elected Trump to spite the rest of us, but when we react to that they try to convince themselves that it’s all AstroTurf. What did they think was going to happen?

7 Likes

Jesus Christ that is slimy. And it plays into so many people’s biases…

I’m pretty sure Putin will be the one disrupting the inauguration. What a great day to ‘leak’ some compromising information. Or invade the Baltics. Or both.

6 Likes

One unanswered question.

Why would anarchists care this time, unlike the all of the other inaugurations? It’s not like anarchists are well known for liking one political party over another.

also

6 Likes

My guess is that a lot of the “anarchists” pushing for serious disruption wear cop boots.

15 Likes

If I say “Hey, I’ve got an idea. I’ll pay you money to commit a crime,” the First Amendment doesn’t get within a country mile of it, unless I’m reciting a line in a play or some such thing. There are tons of crimes (fraud, perjury, incitement to riot, threatening, harassment, etc.) that by definition involve almost nothing but speech, and as a practical matter freedom of expression rarely comes up.

On the other hand, I notice that the infiltrator was veeeeeeeery careful to rephrase the counter-infiltrator’s statements in a way that didn’t quite connect the dots. It wasn’t “I’ll pay you money to commit a crime,” it was “I know a guy with some money who likes crimes, and I hear you might want to commit a crime. Does this suggest a course of action to you? When you answer, speak into this flower on my lapel.”

10 Likes

People using money to disrupt society seem to be a dime a dozen right now. Currently investigating Demand Protest (demandprotest.com). If anyone wants to team up, please get in touch!

I’m skeptical of that website. There’s no way of verifying any of it. No names are attached to it. The domain was registered early last month and the name of the owner is shielded. It could be nothing more than an O’Keefe-style hoax.

5 Likes

But the user with the one hour old account, surely they are a reliable character witness?

18 Likes

We don’t need to be anonymous to be Anti-Trump.

5 Likes