Jan. 6 rioter who attacked Officer Michael Fanone with stun gun gets 12.5 years in prison

Originally published at: Jan. 6 rioter who attacked Officer Michael Fanone with stun gun gets 12.5 years in prison | Boing Boing

7 Likes

“Trump won!” was all he had to say as he was being led out of court

It’s clear that this thug doesn’t have any remorse for participating in the Beer Belly Putsch. He’ll still be bellowing it 12 years from now.

34 Likes

And in a just world, his expectations of a pardon will be permanently dashed in two years.

23 Likes

Twelve years is good (and better than a lot of his fellow traitors have gotten), but 50 would be much, much better.

14 Likes

His well documented attitude pre/inter/post trial will not work to his favor. I hope he keeps ranting and foaming at the mouth.

5 Likes

Does the 12.5 years say more about our justice system than the 3.5 years he’s been allowed to walk free?

4 Likes

Here’s the New York Times version.

4 Likes

Trump will get happy about this, as he can pretend his campaign is about righting the wrong of this “injustice”, so he can pardon him. If he did get into office, he’ll either forget to do so, or do it right away and make this guy his Attorney General. He’s exactly who Trump wants as a follower, gullible, violent, and loyal only to him.

4 Likes

Those are the small fry.
Not holding my breath for the instigators and financiers of the ongoing coup to be fully held accountable. Sure, Lord Dampnut is in hot water at the moment, but we all know there were/are a number of CongressCritters in on it… some much more than others.
Then there are various officials across the country that have/are aiding & abetting the rise of fascism in this country and the overthrow of democracy.

I hope those bastards are being investigated.
And I hope this bastard enjoys his all-to-brief stay in prison.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.