7 felony convictions for man who pinned D.C. cop during Jan 6 riot, faces "decades in jail"

Originally published at: 7 felony convictions for man who pinned D.C. cop during Jan 6 riot, faces "decades in jail" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

42 Likes

That’s how you treat a putsch putz.

25 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

Maybe the bastards rot in jail for a long ass time.

23 Likes

Not going to lose any sleep over this gentleman’s fate.

Sassy Taylor Swift GIF by One Chicago

17 Likes

17 Likes

Wow! That’s almost as stiff a sentance as for VWB [1] in Florida!

[1] Voting While Black

11 Likes

I was wondering why they chose a bench trial at first, because that rarely works out in any defendant’s favor, but then I saw the judge was a Trump appointee. I guess they thought he’d be on their side. Oh well. May they rot in jail and die mad.

ETA: That last bit sounds a little harsher than I’m comfortable with, but I have no sympathy them, is all I meant.

12 Likes

He only likes people that weren’t captured…

21 Likes

Consequences for the consequence fetishists!

3 Likes

McFadden acquitted another J6 defendant, and otherwise has made various Cannonesque rulings favoring TFG, so their calculations were not off base - except in retrospect. (Unless they were on trial for, say, 85 felonies.)

6 Likes

All of the insurrectionists should face decades in jail.

9 Likes

Amen! From the very top to the very bottom.

4 Likes

Or worse. Treasonous assholes that they all are.

6 Likes

This is why I wasn’t too worried. Typically the more serious the crime, the longer it takes for the trial and justice. A friend of mine was murdered in the small town where I grew up. Three years on, we still haven’t had a court date for the defendant nailed down. The more serious the crime, the longer it takes to prosecute and run a trial. So, when people were getting 30 days, 60 days, etc early on and people were upset about that, I wasn’t super worried. There are tons of cameras all over that building. The more serious convictions will take longer to get to than your simple “I just walked in and screamed at some cops” 30 day guilty pleas.

8 Likes

Lock ‘em up

2 Likes

On the bright side for them, Trump will cover all the legal costs.

No?

Oh.

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers loser, thoughts and prayers.

3 Likes

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

2 Likes

I had something for this…

1 Like