MAGA lunatic who violently attacked Capitol police gets sentenced to 7 years in prison

Originally published at: MAGA lunatic who violently attacked Capitol police gets sentenced to 7 years in prison | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Still just a slap on the wrist by comparison with the crime committed; the white supremacy continues as intended.

26 Likes

He looks like he’s auditiioning for The Shining.

Here’s Kyle!

15 Likes

Seven years is hardly nothing, but you’re right, that full 15 years would have been much better.

12 Likes

Had it been a person of color who had committed said crime, they’d have likely been given 20+ years… assuming that they even lived to see the trial.

26 Likes

Entirely likely, unfortunately enough.

12 Likes

That Kelvin Timeline Birbiglia really went off the rails. I like our Prime Birbiglia.

1 Like

What he should have done on Jan 6 … was nothing.

9 Likes

well played! :rofl:

1 Like

I still wonder if the attackers had been people of color, would they all have been shot dead?

3 Likes

Blurring for Nazi salute

8 Likes

A non-zero number of insurrectionists definitely would have been shot ‘on sight’, had they been any color other than White; whether they “all” would have died is unknowable.

White privilege and upholding White supremacy is exactly why the attempted coup went as far as it did.

17 Likes

I don’t wonder much. I don’t think “all” would’ve been shot, but consider the response to the peaceful BLM marches in DC

They aren’t really leaving much to wonder about. :woman_shrugging:t2:

21 Likes

Wow. That’s an actual photo.

I hope it was shown during the trial.

[ETA: if this artists rendition is accurate, it was shown during the trial.]

4 Likes

Fuckin A; I think anyone who’s not in a state of self serving denial has a very good idea of just how different the gov response to the January 6th coup attempt would have been, had it been perpetrated by POC…

19 Likes

I don’t know the implications of carrying around felony convictions the rest of your life, but I would imagine it’s still a hell even after only 7 years served.

Could impact his ability to join a police force !!

6 Likes

He is/was a butcher, so I was leaning toward Clapet in Delicatessen. I wish I could get an image of him angry.

6 Likes

Your own privilege & bias likely constrains that ability, significantly.

Good day.

3 Likes

Are these fascist bastards subject to civil suits from those injured as well?

7 Likes

Of course; in this shitty timeline, the only people that are actively happy seem to be the lawyers banking all the billable hours from endless lawsuits…

12 Likes