MAGA rioter gets 7 years in prison for trying to cut power at Capitol on January 6

Originally published at: MAGA rioter gets 7 years in prison for trying to cut power at Capitol on January 6 | Boing Boing

5 Likes
17 Likes

Murder, attempted murder, assault, treason, and we still aren’t giving these goosefuckers life sentences.

20 Likes

A Texas vineyard owner

He now gets to apply his skills to creating toilet wine in his cell. Chateau MAGA 2023, anyone?

17 Likes

Next time just cut the big wire going into it, silly goose! Ideally using a metal knife or shears of some sort. You’ve got loads of time to practice!

15 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

15 Likes

come on – he’s not a “MAGA Rioter” – he’s an INSURRECTIONIST. and he should’ve been sent up for the entire 39.5 years.

20 Likes

I have been wondering that as well. They all could and should be charged with felony murder. If they weren’t white, they all would have been charged with that and given life sentences.

12 Likes

That’s a good point. Here’s a good article that talks about just that scenario:

Seems to me Treason might be the more fitting underlying crime, but it’s probably much harder to prove than simple burglary.

10 Likes

15 Likes

The process does take time.

Crimed 2021-01-06
Charged 2021-01-21
Indicted 2021-01-26
Convicted 2022-12-21
Sentenced 2023-05-24
9 Likes

Seeking to cut the power, as patriotic tourists normally do.

9 Likes

Criminals on the right are always, always treated with kid gloves. Every time a non-fascist does this, they’re bringing us one step closer to a fascist takeover. I don’t believe for a second that 7 years is enough to prevent this person from doing the same thing again. Send a fucking message, you cowards. Insurrection should not mean second, third and fourth chances. It should mean that person’s life is essentially done and the public can be guaranteed they won’t be threatened by them again.

14 Likes

how does that boy have a 3 week-year-old kid? shouldn’t he have been in jail? MAGA conjugal?

3 Likes

I assume that without skin lighter than a hamburger bun, they wouldn’t survive the day.

3 Likes

You assume incorrectly. “If You’re Brown You Go Down” is the rallying cry of todays ultra-conservative MAGAts. If you cannot pass the Wonder Bread without crust test to are not getting any leniency. I honestly can’t understand what people like Enrique Torrio and the U-Haul White House rammer are thinking.

1 Like

I didn’t specifically mean a MAGA rally composed of non-white people. I meant any large-scale riot of non-white people, with the participants proudly proclaiming they were storming The Capitol, would result it a lot less restraint on the police and National Guard’s part.

The gulf between how police responded to BLM and this is mind-boggling.

But yes, it’s also very confusing why people like Enrique Torrio aren’t seeing the personal disaster it’ll be if their org gets everything it wishes for.

5 Likes

Ummm, might want to fix that typo.
And RTFA.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.