MAGA lunatic who violently attacked Capitol police gets sentenced to 7 years in prison

Yep.
And, for the gentle reader who might not be familiar, the photo posted above was the police presence on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, where, reminder, no Congress critters were trying to do the work of government at the time.

15 Likes

6 Likes

Can the Justice Department appeal this sentence? Presumably when they asked for 15 years, the relevant sentencing guidelines guidelines allowed for this …

2 Likes

Eh, I wouldn’t say ‘lunatic.’ Whiteness and fascism are clearly more contributing factors to his crimes than whatever his mental health status is, and we probably shouldn’t be associating mental distress with violent criminality - that’s a page from the conservative playbook.

“MAGA lunatic” is redundant.

1 Like

I’m not an American , lots about being an American and what that entails wasn’t part of my Canadian education. I would imagine, I would guess… I think… I suspect… a felony is something that can dog you for life. I wasn’t belittling those that have one… certainly not those who are constantly oppressed by the system. Here, we’re talking about specifically this one Shaman guy, who deserves every bit of it.

Blasting me about privilege and bias… sorry, not sure what that was about.

Should impact. Though you’re free to sponsor him for citizenship and a job as a cop in your town.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.