Proud Boy who rioted on Jan 6 jailed for six years after insulting judge

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/25/proud-boy-who-rioted-on-jan-6-jailed-for-six-years-after-insulting-judge.html

7 Likes

To be fair that’s a pretty stupid conviction to get too.

23 Likes

Whether or not they do the fake grovelling, bad faith is a constant with the 6 January insurrectionists.

22 Likes

Bru’s convictions, except the one the court just handed him, are stupid

great burn

18 Likes

i wish the judge would’ve given him 10 years, citing his behavior, as symbolic of the 100 he claimed would be fine.

14 Likes

To explain; it’s his alleged moral convictions which are stupid.

10 Likes

Why not? when he believes there’s a decent shot the next president is going to pardon him and so he doesn’t need to be held accountable for anything related?

4 Likes

he is being held accountable now.

4 Likes

Am I alone in thinking 6 years is pretty light even if he were perfectly polite? These people tried to overthrow the government, sabotage an election, kidnap or murder elected officials, and vandalized the halls of government. If they weren’t white right-wingers they would have all been shot dead on January 6th and wouldn’t even be getting a trial. Yet all of them seem to be getting sentences under ten years. I know people who have been in prison longer than 6 years for non-violent drug offenses, and they didn’t insult the judge, either.

8 Likes

You are not.

7 Likes

I was hoping it was an additional 10 years.

5 Likes

Notice his fearless leader gets away with that shit, but regular folks don’t. Maybe you should think about your allegiance.

6 Likes

Sounds like a far less literate Thomas Paine type.

1 Like

not enough

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.