18 years for Proud Boy rioter, equaling longest sentence yet

Originally published at: 18 years for Proud Boy rioter, equaling longest sentence yet | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

21 Likes

boo_hoo

10 Likes

that-is-wildly-inappropriate-good-sir

9 Likes

With a sufficient number of these fascist fucks ending up in federal prison for a significant chunk of their remaining lifespam, I hope there will be a significant chilling effect on any future insurrectionists.

20 Likes

guys I think your sights broken this post has a cropped photo of Mohamed Al-Fayed instead of a convicted rioter

8 Likes

@beschizza and @orenwolf, correction needed.

3 Likes

I do like how I had to scroll for an age to get to the bottom of the enormous picture though!

4 Likes

GIF by Snowpiercer on TNT

4 Likes

“To anyone who I directly or even indirectly wronged, I’m sorry.”

Non-apology rejected.

the 33-year-old from Auburn, Washington, told the judge he now sees Jan. 6 as a “complete and utter tragedy” and he regretted not trying to use his leadership role to stop what happened.

Given how often your fellow insurrectionists have shed crocodile tears before and during their trials then shortly after they were sentenced said the equivalent of “Just kidding!” to walk it back, you’ll forgive us if we question your sincerity. [Or don’t forgive us. It doesn’t matter either way.]

16 Likes

Is the DOJ looking at the connections between the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and Roger Stone and individuals in Hair Furor’s inner circle/administration? There must be some kind of communications trail to follow. I find it hard to believe there are no connections. I find it hard to believe Stone is walking freely amongst us.

8 Likes

The idiots worship an idiot who believes any apology or admission of error is a sign of weakness. Hope his outburst keeps him from getting parole.

7 Likes

I am absolutely dying to see trump, Rudy and the rest rot behind bars for the rest of their lives, but this is actually the most desirable outcome. I think (hope) were already seeing this somewhat with all of the “calls to action” and mildly cloaked threats of civil war being met with nothing but crickets. If we can weather these indictments and the election, I am cautiously optimistic that it will finally send all the goons back into their hidey-holes.

At least until Don Jr runs in a few years.

I mean, that’s essentially what the second DOJ indictment is. It’s more of a general conspiracy than one directly linking to the militias, but that’s there as well, just not the headline charges.

I think after his conviction he began to lay low until his pardon which, iirc was after Jan 6.

3 Likes

Errrrrrrhhhhh. The correct answer was:
“I’m sorry to {Officer X} who I hit with {y} weapon. I’m sorry to his family, who must deal with his disabilities now. I’m sorry to the other peace officers I injured, whose names are unavailable to me and their families. I’m sorry to the US Representatives and Senators I threatened to kill, including {x,y,z}. I’m sorry to my fellow citizens who I led in insurrection against our government for a cause I knew was false, simply because I was angry about my position in life and misaligned grievances. I’m sorry to the American people because I have betrayed the fundamental contract we have in society without the prerequisites to do so. I am a shitbird, and hopefully someday I will learn the difference between Donald Trump and a true President, between fascists and democrats (little D), and how to use my mind for clear decision making, so help me God.”

2 Likes

He’s lucky the fashion police didn’t get him first.

3 Likes

“No, son, you are not correct. Justice won.”

2 Likes

:thinking: I’ll allow it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.